Mental Health Forums

Reputation Feature Of This Forum

foreverborderline

i agree forever the rep system is aload of bollox

it knocks peeps down for no reason

and is getting abused too i have noticed

but i dont post anymore i watch see and learn

btw i love reading the 20 pages or more of all your topics there quiet interesting lol

Thanks for supporting me and agreeing with me, it really is crap, btw is bollox a term for crap ?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree forever the rep system is aload of bollox

it knocks peeps down for no reason

and is getting abused too i have noticed

but i dont post anymore i watch see and learn

btw i love reading the 20 pages or more of all your topics there quiet interesting lol

Thanks for supporting me and agreeing with me, it really is crap, btw is bollox a term for crap ?

Isn't a bollox some sort of large bull? Or is it just plural for bull? Therefore I would imagine that saying something is bollox is like double the crap since it's bigger than the average bull.

WP

Ok sorry, but couldn't resist...

bollocks [ˈbɒləks], ballocks US, bollix [ˈbɒlɪks] Slang

pl n

1. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Anatomy) another word for testicles

2. nonsense; rubbish

LOL it always have to come down to a couple of testicles doesn't it?

WP

I am sorry I neg'd a few posts on this topic. I was just mucking about. I didn't realise you can't cancel it or undo it afterwards :wacko:.

I will make a list of the names and give them each a positive elsewhere.

Except it looks like hummm_mabbe aka ross has mostly done it for me, thanks :).

im not up to reading all of this, so just replying to original thread, but yeah i think its an utter joke, and personally ignore it entirely. it could nto be more childish and innadaquate a way of supporting people, and it would be massively nieve to think it would encourage people to be more mature, it just allows for even more bullying than usual and seriously lacks any emotional intelligence

I think it is representative of the people using it, some will use it as it is intended, I tend to give points when I agree with a post yet dont have the words to express my opinion, its like nodding in a conversation. I do neg also which doesnt indicate my disdain for someone, just showing my differing opinion, a bit like a frown in a group conversation - only way I can explain, I know probably sounds crap but well.. there ya go

I also agree that it is up for abuse, and has been abused by several (including helpers of the site), but it is up to the maturity of each individual here to use as is.

I often dont know how to reply to posts so I use the points thingy and am glad it will remain, but hope that we can all learn to use it as intended

Take care fb x

that makes alot of sence daisy, but i still think its a v poor way of trying to achive that. i think most will experinec points as personal. iv seen emoticons elsewhere that have good post or i disagree etc that i think would be a more intelligent and sentive system, then it is obvious it is directly about the post and less people wd feel hurt (which as we are vulnerable peeps here experincing hurt when looking for support is a real kick in the teeth)

I havent seen any emoticons like those roxy, but yes they do sound better, but from the last time this was debated I think it was made clear from Josh that it wouldnt be changed so I guess we just have to make the best of what we are given.

p.s. hope you are well, its nice to see you back xx

You used the feature to give a negative point, then you start a thread about wanting the point system removed. This makes you a hypocrite.

Your opinion makes you a judgmental person, blah blah blah - I do not agree with the system, it pentalizes people for not having the "right"opinion, I posted negative points to show people how it feels, to prove a point so there ... :blahblah1:

I havent seen any emoticons like those roxy, but yes they do sound better, but from the last time this was debated I think it was made clear from Josh that it wouldnt be changed so I guess we just have to make the best of what we are given.

p.s. hope you are well, its nice to see you back xx

Of course Josh would say that .. you likes to make people feel bad.

Your opinion makes you a judgmental person, blah blah blah - I do not agree with the system, it pentalizes people for not having the "right"opinion, I posted negative points to show people how it feels, to prove a point so there ...

Again you are demonstrating my point. You have little to say that’s constructive but instead work at making people feel small and inferior to you. The fact is you use the very system you condemn and then immaturely state that the reason for this is to prove a point.

Your opinion makes you a judgmental person, blah blah blah - I do not agree with the system, it pentalizes people for not having the "right"opinion, I posted negative points to show people how it feels, to prove a point so there ...

Again you are demonstrating my point. You have little to say that’s constructive but instead work at making people feel small and inferior to you. The fact is you use the very system you condemn and then immaturely state that the reason for this is to prove a point.

I stand by my point and I have people agree with me so can it be me who is wrong ? The very fact that this has been brought up before shows that it is the system that is wrong and not the people that oppose it.

We all have lots of problems, why create a system that just puts people down ? You call that helping people but that is cyber bulling. and I never try to make people feel inferior to me (nice try at reverse psychology- you forget that I have had training in psych too) but only try to get people to see my side of things, which clearly you do not.

If there is personal conflict between Josh and fb, maybe it would be wise to take it into PM, personal attacks shouldnt be on the boards, whomever they are aimed at.

If there is personal conflict between Josh and fb, maybe it would be wise to take it into PM, personal attacks shouldnt be on the boards, whomever they are aimed at.

Conflict? I dont believe so.

Of course Josh would say that .. you likes to make people feel bad.

proof?

This points system is a bonus on the new layout of the forum, yes we have discussed it, yes some dont like it, but its going to stay.

Like most things in life, we work with it as best we can or we fight against it and be disappointed - our choice

I personally dont like the negative aspect of the reputation system, and have expressed my feelings on the subject when the system was first introduced. I rarely use it, either positively or negatively. However, I am rapidly seeing the advantages of using the negative button, when it is used to express concerns about posters bullying and intimidating tactics.

Forever, you have made your feelings quite clear. Is it really necessary to turn this thread into another 21 page epic, just because people don't agree with you? You are belittling and invalidating the opinions and feelings of others, and causing tension for members when all they are doing is coming here for support. Healthy discussions are valid; your ranting is not.

I do genuinely hope that you are able to find peace in your life, and the help and support that you so obviously need.

i think im developing a fear of being negd :unsure: everytime i reply to a post i get all anxious incase someone negs me lol :blink:

I am glad I don't have a phobia about being negd, otherwise I'd have died of fright by now :lol:.

i think im developing a fear of being negd :unsure: everytime i reply to a post i get all anxious incase someone negs me lol :blink:

i think thats one of the really insenstive parts of this, its so cruel

Archived