Mental Health Forums

Anyone Had This Problem

compaq

Hi currently im on 150mg of sertraline and 100mg of quentapine , so far not really been that bad on them appart from feeling zonked out and a little detached but yesterday after taking them i ended up throwing up and again this morning also had hillucinations i know they were now but at the time was very scary was wondering if it could be the meds has anyone experienced this , or is it something else going on

I haven't taken the two together but tried them separately & remember being sick for the first week or so on Quetiapine and it also increased rather than decreased my hallucinations to start with.. How long have you been taking them? If it keeps happening let your doctor know x

I know Sertraline can make you throw up in the beginning,very common............

Id contact doc,make sure this is normal initial reaction.

Hope you feel better!!! Sounds horrid!

Lilly

ive been on that combination but different dosages... never hd sickness with them...are u throwing up ur tabs? if so maybe ur getting psychotic symptoms coz the anti-p isnt gettin in ur system.

xxx

Heya flint

I was on 250mg Sertraline and when I started taking it, for the first week or so I was sick a few times, my doctor just told me to keep taking it in the mornings after a small breakfast. Once my body adjusted to it, I was okay but I'd still recommend you tell your doctor about it in case it's something they need to look at, I'm not sure about quentapine having never been on it so it may not be as easily overcome as mine was. Good luck, hope you don't feel too yucky.

hi all sorry i havet replied sooner i ve been staying with friends , ive been on the both tabs for at least 3 months now and never had that reaction before and so far it seems to have been a one off so fingers crossed it was just one of thoose things will mention it to the docs though thanks again for the advice and the replies xxx

sertraline made me very very sick - to the point of dehydration. It's best to report all problems with meds to your gp. In the end all treatment is down to you - it's your body xxx

In short, I ask myself, overall are the affects good or bad?

I've been on both but at separate times. Didn't throw up with Sert.

One thing you could try is splitting them up if they are once a day. Take one in the morn and one at night?

If it was a one off thing it's possible that it may have been something other than the meds. Have you added anything new into the mix? Even if it's cough medicine. Have you eaten anything unusual?

Keep tabs on it. I'd write it on the calander and if it happens again you then have a sound track record to talk to the GP about.

WP

Archived