Mental Health Forums

Your Views?

Joshua

Personal opinion; I find the train tracks a little triggering, but i can see triggering things just by logging into my email account... everyone gonna have different opinions, ya cant please every1...so if the traintracks stay for me its a bit of exposure therapy... anything can trigger someone.

Your very right, I did ask for opinons but wont keep changing it forever. The next one will be the last of the choices.

Pleasing everyone is an impossible task, maybe if u have a few option it could be, u could do a poll, and go with the majority.... just an idea.

xxx

I'm really touched by Josh's gesture to Arrakis. Thank you guys, today I see a chink in the dark.

And Arrakis, you don't have to justify yourself here, your actions speak loud enough. I'm glad you are a sponsor, now we can see you in chat!

i love the train tracks.....perfect......my therapist is always talking about the train analogy for everything, and saying how i dont have to get on the train :D

perfect for impulsive bpd'ers :D

I agree with Roses that was a really nice thing to do for Arrakis, Josh. I pay a sponsor fee but I do that so the money goes back into the site even tho I don't have to as I am a mini mod. I think people who can't afford to pay but have shown commitment to the site and support this is a good idea to do as those are the members that keep this site going (as well as you of course josh. lol).

I'm really touched by Josh's gesture to Arrakis. Thank you guys, today I see a chink in the dark.

And Arrakis, you don't have to justify yourself here, your actions speak loud enough. I'm glad you are a sponsor, now we can see you in chat!

Thanks, Roses. :)

I'm really touched too, it's given me warm fuzzies!

I like the mood of the tracks, the sort of running off into the distance and the solitude and barrenness (wow that sounds silly). If it was some kind of misty ocean or land scene, it would have the same mood and overall effect I think, but without the common trigger the rails provide.

im sorry bout ur cousin shelly, its a shame cos i think its nice, but i can see why you wouldnt like it. i only like it cos my therapist uses the train analogy to remind me that when im feeling like things are getting out of control that i dont have to get on the train, i can leave it or get the next one .

hmmm tis a bit depressing if im honest :unsure: kind of bleak

on a positive note i love the writing it looks really nice and not in your face :) and i loveeee the blue background

Edited by amyP

Thanks (((Josh))), for including us in this by asking our views. :)

I like that the wording is smaller and to one side, not so in yer face.

I don't mind the train tracks, but yeah, my first thought was the link with Sui.

If we could keep the blue/black colouring theme for whatever picture is chosen that would be cool.

I didnt have to do it your right but i wanted to as i have a good feeling about you and your message was quite touching to me. The paid membership was never meant to be a way to make money but to help people show their commitment and support. It was never put there to have people spoken to in a way that you were nor create barriers for people who want to fully benefit from the site.

I will always help while im able.

Yaaay to no barriers! :P

Aaw Josh is just a sweetie at heart :D:P:wub:

Keep up the good work Josh!

cheers

S

and before a forget Josh i think the upgrade you've done for Arrakis is a lovely,touching gesture...although the pictures have caused triggers which i dont like to think of people hurting i do think this post has been a light hearted thread which on my parted has lifted my bad mood a bit today..i am so grateful to this forum...so thankyou,to everyone who has & do still help me to try and find a bit of hope to cling onto everyday (((((((((((((((huggles))))))))))))))))) linzi xxx

i agree it was really lovely Josh :) sometimes admin are a distance computer force which just regulates everything. But you're not, you're a member of the community and a human being :) x

The problem I have with this site is it is almost out of control and it's getting personal for many I have noticed, cliques have been formed and certain people seem to have all the power, also some members are sucking up to mods and creating division and isolation for some people who want to be heard but get ignored. It's beginning to contribute to my mental well-being an maybe I should look for alternative sites. I am sure nobody will really care if I leave.

I know that not everyone can be pleased but it seems as if everyone likes the smaller 'mental health forum' font.

I don't know if this is too technical, but could the pictures change every 5 mins, or so? Personally I don't like the train at all, I can just see myself stepping off. But no-one would see anyway, as there's no-one in the picture

The problem I have with this site is it is almost out of control and it's getting personal for many I have noticed, cliques have been formed and certain people seem to have all the power, also some members are sucking up to mods and creating division and isolation for some people who want to be heard but get ignored. It's beginning to contribute to my mental well-being an maybe I should look for alternative sites. I am sure nobody will really care if I leave.

I agree it may seem out of control when there are long arguments.. but that is the best therapy, for threads to be shut would damage us more, its not giving exposure to the fact that not everyone agrees and there will be arguments..that is life..and its safer to do online than in RL...i too feel like some people suck up to mods,but if thats wot they want to do then i suppose let them be.... and i will care if u leave coz i dont think anyone should feel like they have to... we should be able to voice our views, argue and be who we are without having to feel like we gotta leave.... i dont condone bullying though... just arguing thats fine, its normal and we shouldnt and havent been banned from doing that.

xxx

I keep reading Mental Health Platforms instead of Forums, very gestalt I know.

However from a graphic or marketing perspective, this make little sense for the main page. Has a very behind bars feel to it. Particularly the font and logo for Mental Health Forums. The monochrome of the tracks and the fact that they are deserted, just don't spring to mind anything well being in a positive way.

Too Stark!

Sah

:lol: yay josh!! thats peaceful...reflecting!! well done..and thanks...i mean that seriously..without the violins by the way xxx