Mental Health Forums

Aniexty Is Back

pepsimeg

The anxiety is back, waking at night feeling like im gonna die, someones standing over me.......i know im gonna die, my hearts pounding, that feeling of dread......palpitations.......something bads gonna happen.....sweating. i dare to open my eyes and of course no ones there.....i get up but im trembling with fear, the fear wont go away.....frigging life.....gotta fight it...

Just keep in mind whilst its happening that all the physiological things u are getting are all natural, a normal response to fear and will not kill you.

xxx

sometimes u just dont realise that things are getting on top of you, or you dont realise things are stressing you out.

xxx

Are you having a flashback from the past? I know those can be scary.

Hope you're feeling ok soon.

WP

Yes i have been triggered and now they wont go away :(

Well I know exactly what that is like! It's such a dread feeling to be triggered and also to feel so powerless to the triggers.

I don't really know what to say to help except that I can understand what you're going through. That's probably not much help... but I can assure you that I'm feeling right now exactly what you're feeling. We can ride the storm out together if you like.

WP

thanks warrior......i like your name, i have brought some kalms i hope they help me cos i dont take prescription meds any more....

no one has rang me like they promised after my group T (i walked out cos i was all upset)....not going back but now i got no one to talk too....but when theyre there i cant open up to them and i feel so frustrated.....they expect me to tell them wats wrong but i cant just blurt it out.......ffs

sorrry your feeling like this right now.

i hope the kalms help a little.

try some calming oils like lavender...go have a soak in the bath if you can.

a little time out can help xx

Yeah it's tough when you walk out and no one bothers to check to see if you are ok. there are a number of reasons they do this. Could be that they don't know what to say, of think you might need space.

I wish I could say something more helpful

WP

someone did come out and talk to me and said they wud check up on me later (but didnt)......but i know they cant keep running after ppl...ahhh well not much they can do anyway, im better off talking to you lot on here and sorting my own shit out as usual xxxxx

HI Hun, I suffer from anxiety too. It is very severe. Sometimes I have to lie in bed and escape in sleep because it is the only thing that will help me. I take valium though and that helps with some anxiety. I am learning to tackle my anxiety by stopping avoiding things like study. I have an exam in two weeks and I am completely terrified of it but I say to myself the more I prepare the less terrified I will be and this reduces my anxiety.

I also have generalised anxiety disorder and this is what I think you have. You are scared that something bad will happen to you when you walk the streets. CBT is good for it. Are you in therapy atm?

Archived