Mental Health Forums

A Proper Introduction -Taking The Mask Off

BPDlkeme

Is that your professional advice? lol , now that you have graduated with a Bachelor of Laws, I seriously have to take it under advisement. Thanks for your kind words.

BPDlkeme

I was having a chat with wordsmithy today (hope you di=ont mind me mentioning it wodsmithy) and he asked me about my username, which I never explained (there are some really interesting ones on the forum) and I never really thought anybody was interested, but if you are like wordsmithy, and you would like to know the origin of the name here's the story, as i told it to wordsmithy:

"the lkeme is a funny story. Some time ago, way before I ever heard of this forum, my sister was visiting (she also has BPD) and she handed me a story to look at about a young teenage girl who was diagnosed with BPD, but there were no services available for her, and in desperation (she had attempted suicide a number of times and was self-harming constantly) she went to the newspapers (or rather her mother did) now not knowing anyone who ever had this condition she asked if anybody reading the article could contact her, that she would desperately love to hear from someone, because she felt all alone. The name of her email which she gave was anyonelikemeBPD@xxxx.com and so I replied to her. Her name was Katie, and we started writing back and forth, and I got her to talk about things, and gave her some tips for dealing with things based on my own experiences. Lest to say, she has just completed the Leaving Cert and is heading to college, and is much happier now. So when the time came to choose a username I chose BPDlikeme after Katie, however I misspelled it and so it became BPDlkeme".

I didnt know Katie and I've never met her, but it would have been a damn shame if we had lost such a beautiful person,she touched me with her inner beauty,and to think that she could have been gone too soon always reminds me of a particular song, hope you like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ_l_o-53nI

Archived