Mental Health Forums

Citalopram

AmyP

It seems since ive been on citalopram I regularly have bad dreams. Pretty much every night. I used to have really vivid amazing dreams, sleep used to be my favourite thing, somewhere to escape to. But now I'm having bad dreams, really wierd random dreams every night. Could citalopram be doing this?

Amy

thanks tink hunnie. its most nights, the odd night i probably have but cant remember it xxx

no piuma hun only on that at the minute xx

sorry you guys have get them too x

Amy

its got worse this week as ive been on my own while my bf was on holiday, so it will be interesting to see if they subside a bit when hes back xx

Ive on citalopram, and no probs, but have heard some people say it affects their sleep, could you take it at night instead of in the morning? maybe that would help?

Soz you are having bad dreams, are they always about the same thing? maybe something is on your mind?

hey feenix, i used to take them on the night, but i stopped me sleeping so id rather take the bad dreams. erm no theyr not the same, always really wierd and random though and never really make sense. I dont think anythings on my mind, but maybe there is i dunno

Amy xx

Hi Sapphire, Sorry your having bad dreams :( , sleep is my fav thing too as feel tired alot and usually at peace. Im on citalopram too 20mg. I must say i have noticed my dreams becoming quite vivid and random its like how come these people are in it whats going on, and they seem to go on for ages tell full stories. Not sure if it is them? However had to go back on them after a re-lapse its been six weeks now and the dreams do seem to coinside with meds.. I hope they subside when your bf is back or at least there is someone there for you when you wake up, its always better to tell someone as soon as you wake up about them... Kind Regards Take Care :) JC

Yes meds can do this,certain meds citro too i think. In Holland it says it now in leaflet that comes with the meds...........

Lilly

Archived