Mental Health Forums

Aripiprazole?

AmyP

Had my appointment today with psych drs and they are putting me on something called arapirazole/abilify. Is anyone on this or has anyone heard of it before? I have no idea what it's used to treat etc. Any help would be great

Amy xx

Hi sapphire,

as usual it is the nitrogen-based drugs,which affect the nervous system(most do):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Aripiprazole.svg

it is used to treat depression, psychotic disorders and bi-polar.

regds

BPDlkeme

oh my god i just looked it up and remembered everything ive said. Holy fuck they think i have scizophrenia. We were talking about my 'beliefs' and voices. Oh shit oh shit i am not prepared for this. Oh holy fuck. Looked at the symptoms and god i can see myself in them.

I'm goin got a team called cypher does anyone know what this is and what its for????

Please please im so worried

Darling,

calm down, calm down! you are self-diagnosing here! now you are a smart lady sapphire, and you know that is wrong! as i have said, it is used to treat a number of conditions, you are jumping to conclusions! Please dont do that. And old rule is never make decisions when you are emotional. and right now you are emotional, and in that state, I myself make silly decisions, please dont make the mistakes I've made, calm down,and think about it. Best advice is to not think about it, go away for a while, and come back and look at it again.

similar to crossword! when you are stuck on a problem, you dont see things that you thought before.

regds,

BPDlkeme :hug2:

i hear voices and i see things and i'm paranoid but i'm not schizophrenic. Even though I'm on anti psychotics. To be honest from how you've come across in our pm's you seem very grounded. And i know quite a few schizophrenics who aren't capable of keeping down a normal conversation. Of course i'm only basing that on the schizophrenics that i know, not a generalized opinion.

I'm on abilify, for psychosis related to my BPD and bipolar disorder, and as a mood stabiliser - it doesn't mean you're schizophrenic. When's you're next appointment? xx

Archived