Mental Health Forums

Hi New Here :)

flygirl38

Hi WP,

thanks for the welcome again and I appreciate and am glad that you can relate to my feelings. At the time of doing the intro I was in despair. During those moments is when I do truly feel alone and don't feel the positivity of life and my surroundings . I do recognize that yes my children are very important and yes there are times I think I do have a purpose.Its just those moments when you are feeling so alone and with me I always tend to put up the protective wall and keep myself safe from being hurt. I fully realize that its not right but I dont know how to stop it. I am glad you wrote on my post and I do look forward to meeting you. Ps that was great advice regarding the boyfriend situation and I talked to him about it so I am going to try that for sure. Thanks !! :)

Hi Helpless,

First thing that struck me with this reply was you saying "you fully realize that this isn't right". Really with coping, is there a right or wrong? it's what works for you best with out jeapodizing your personal safetly. Lots of people put up walls to protect themselves and I honestly believe there is a time and place for doing just that! There is also a time and place for doing the opposite. Example, would you want to break down at work in front of co workers and customers? probably not. So that is the time to use the walls. But then you go home, or go to see your T or open up here and it's time for the walls to come down again so that you can look at the problems and find solutions.

I believe the CBT will be interesting and hopefully helpful, but even if it isn't, it's worth a go since if it doesn't work, you can rule that one out and try something different.

WP

Hi everyone, seems like most I have stumbled across this site, not had chance to look at much yet.

I am on here looking for help and advice regarding a loved one suffering from depression, I have been looking at a lot of advice pages but nothing helped, so heres hoping. I really want to learn more about what my girlfriend is going through, obviously she has difficulty in opening up to me just now, I have known her for 12 months,however,long story behind that 12 months. I look forward to chatting and getting to know you all, for now...

Regards to all

hi there if you have any questions I am willing to answer them to the best of my ability. Does she suffer from anxiety and depression or just depression. I am pretty knowledgeable in those departments because I have been going through this for a very long time. So please feel free to post any questions. I am hoping my chat gets fixed in here as I am not able to access it. It is quite obvious that you love your girlfriend and she loves you when depression hits and especially for me I just feel alone, lost, hurt, sad, in pain mentally, suicidal at times and that i just want to be left alone. Its really hard to feel normal and fit in at that point. So its easier to shut everyone out and hide. I also feel ashamed that my loved ones particularly my boyfriend has to see me like that and he has been understanding to a point. I do attack him when my defensives are up and I am really focused on learning some coping skills through cognitive behavior therapy because in a situation of mass anxiety or depression I feel that the pills dont really help. I hope I helped you out a bit. Good luck I am here if you need anything !!

Good morning all, first of all I would like to thank those that welcomed me to the site, had a few problems finding my way round but hopefully that is now sorted.

Hello Helpless, thank you for your kind and welcome reply, this is just a quick overwiew of the situation, you will know and understand there is more to tell.

As I said in my opening post I really want to understand what my girlfriend ('D') is going through and to be able to support her in mature and understanding way. I don't want to lose her so any advice will be gratefully accepted. My main concern is my girlfriend, her health and well being is pramount, but secondary to that is how it, is/will affect..us/her/me. I am pleased and proud to say she has recently sought out professionl help, however I am not privvy to any diagnosis made by the professinal regarding 'D' . However I do know a little of what she is going through, she has expressed to me that she hates the way she looks (body dysmorphia) cannot accept compliments of any kind. She hurts me (not physically) she treats me horrible and she knows she is doing it and has in the past apologised for it, I also know a little about her past...and knowing that hurts me knowing what she has endured at the hands of others. I walk on egg shells for fear of upsetting her (I do love her) but I am now wondering if I am doing wrong by doing this. This is just the beginning and I am aware of that fact and I know there is a long way to go but I am prepared for that, I just need a little help along the way.

Regards and my thoughts are with you all too

Archived