Mental Health Forums

Peer Support

Joshua

Hi Data,

I am late getting to this thread(why didnt I get the memo?) anywhoo..a belated congrats. We've spoken a couple of times here, and again I think you have a lot to offer in terms of your own personal experience, with work,study family,what you have learned in anxiety group etc., So best of luck to you in your new position.

BPDlkeme

P.S. I agree with Arrakis re: the reputation system, nuff said.

how can u condone someone being a peer support wiv a reputation of -51 ?

I'd like to echo what Arrakis said, and add to it.

We ALL do things that arn't always crash hot. No one is infallible either! Many of us here suffer from BPD and ALL of us suffer some mental illness. Even if these bad rep points come from bad behavior, who amoung us has not engaged that in their lives before? Let he amoung you throw the first stone. I'll be the first to catch it and say "Hold up... take another look at yourself."

I believe that everyone in this world deserves a second chance... and even seventy times seven chances. Being a peer supporter is a positive thing that can often re focus people's behavior when they learn to give rather than lash out. Not saying that Data has ever done this. I've actually never seen him do this myself. I've always found him helpful and giving.

Bottom line is we all have something good to give if we search inside ourselves to find it. Past mistakes or no past mistakes. Heck I've made plenty of past mistakes myself! Even been on moderated posts in my time and had topics moved to be discussed by what were then called "peace keepers". Does that mean I'm not a good mod now? Nope. Just means I had to look at myself and change. Everyone should be given equal opportunity to do this.

Won't say any more on the topic. It's ok to agree to disagree.

WP