Mental Health Forums

Citalopram - Side Effects?

catsmother21

I take 60mg of citalopram - does anyone else on this experience a general feeling of being unwell - achey bones, achey throat, like you're coming down with a real cracker of a cold or flu but it never comes to anything?

I've been on it for years and this is something new to me. Can side effects develop late on in usage?

not those sides but i was only on 40mg. it did nothing for me so my doctor took me off it. the sides i got were increased anxiety to start with, upset stomach and inability to end the act of love making. if thats being vague enough. lol.

when i first started taking them i was vomiting and felt really ill so i had to stop them

i found this it might help you.

http://mental-health.emedtv.com/citalopram/citalopram-side-effects.html

when i first started taking them i was vomiting and felt really ill so i had to stop them

i found this it might help you.

http://mental-health.emedtv.com/citalopram/citalopram-side-effects.html

Hi

Thanks for the link. I'm beginning to think that it's not the citalopram and I think a visit to my GP will help to put my mind at rest. x

• 3 months later...

I take 60mg of citalopram - does anyone else on this experience a general feeling of being unwell - achey bones, achey throat, like you're coming down with a real cracker of a cold or flu but it never comes to anything?

I've been on it for years and this is something new to me. Can side effects develop late on in usage?

They tried me on that ages ago. I only had 1 pill and I was up all night being sick and I couldn't feel my left leg for about 3 days! I stopped taking them straight away.

xx

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I was on Citalopram until a while ago and my main side effects were the nausea and vomiting and also the feeling of being unwell. It wasnt very nice and in the end i got them to change it to Venlafaxine, but then i developed an allergic reaction to that so now back at square 1.

Always best to check with your gp or something, so your doing the right thing :)

Hope the side effects go, or lessen.

xx

Thanks for all your replies. I have spoken to the doc and pdoc about this and they think it is something else which I am currently having tests for. Thanks everyone :grouphug[1]: xxxx

• 4 weeks later...

Archived