Mental Health Forums

Me, As Peer Support.

Jinxsta

First off I would like to thank Josh and Lilly for giving me this opportunity , its position I shall hold with great pride, and I haven’t stopped grinning all day about it!

Just wanted to say a few words about what you can expect from me as peer support;

I will be giving live support, but you are also welcome to PM me anytime; if just to vent, get an opinion, express worries or concerns, anything you like and I’ll endeavour to reply ASAP.

I’m non-judgemental, and not easily shocked or easily offended, so don’t feel you have to be careful what you say or how you say it.. No matter how bad you feel it is please don’t be afraid to say it. Any problem big, medium or small I’ll try my hardest to help.

I don’t mind what age, race, religion, sex, colour you are or what diagnosis you do or don’t have, new members, older members, whatever… you can be Ronald Mc Donald, butt naked on a pink elephant in Thailand for all I care… I’m here for you all.

If you ask my personal opinion, I’ll give it to you… but if you just want me to listen I can do that too.

If you want to know something, I’ll answer to the best of my knowledge, but if I don’t know (bearing in mind I’m not wikipedia) I’ll be honest and say so.

You can trust that what you say to me in confidence, will stay confident, not just on here but in RL too with the exception; if you tell me specifics eg; “I live at 42 Baker street and I’m about to literally go kill person X and myself” I would discuss it with you first and if we established the intent Is there I may feel it necessary to contact outside help, for your protection and my conscience, but I would always tell you that I’m doing this. Please note there is a big difference between saying “I feel” like killing person X and I’m “going to” please do not be worried that I’m going to involve anyone if you are expressing thoughts, feelings, urges or opinions.

You can expect me to respect you as an individual, and I would like to request the same back.

Having just gone through DBT, its likely I’m going to be a little DBT orientated, but if this bothers you (indeed it maybe DBT that’s your issue) just tell me, or make me aware that I’m doing it as I may not even realise. If you find in anyway that I’m not being helpful, I would rather you tell me so that I can make improvement rather than not tell me.

… I suppose that’s about it really, any suggestions feel free… I hope that I will serve our community well and am proud to do so!

xxx

Well Done, Babe!

I'm sure you will be fabulous. I know you cheer me up, and I always know when I get online and see your name, theres at least one friendly voice here!

Best of luck with your new post,

BPDlkeme :D

Congratulations! An excellent choice, I think. My feeling is that you will be an brilliant peer supporter, and as an older member, I would be happy to talk to you about anything that is worrying me.

:) awwww thanks peeps, your belief in me makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.. either that or I just peed my pants :lol: (note to self, it is nt attractive to L-O-L at your own jokes.. :lol: ..oops did it again.

Seriously though i have felt really happy today and i cant remember the last time i felt happy... all because of this and u lot supporting the decision.

Thank you for making me smile :)

xxx

Love the speech, Jinx, I bet you'll be a fantastic peer supporter, well done. :)

Yeah it is a great speech, Can I steal it? :D

I have the utmost faith in you Jinxsta. I think you will not only help others in times of need, but find that this will also help you! It keeps you on track with the coping skills and as you are already finding, gives you that sense of well being that we all need. Those positive vibes are contagious and be passed on to others too so it goes full circle.

I'm also always glad to see you around. Well done on taking this role despite your own struggles. I know you will suceed.

Wishing you all the best,

WP

Thanks u three!

Yeah i think it will help me alot WP, gotta practise what i preach eh?... well i wont be preaching.. figure of speech, ya know what i mean.

xxx

You must have a special hat as well!!! xxx

Needs to be one of those really tall pointy ones that wonk sideways at the most embarassing moments....

Archived