Mental Health Forums

Immaturity

Narcissa

Hi everyone count me in the childish/immaturity stuck at age 11 group. I have temper tantrums, cling to people, and a bottomless need to be loved by everyone. Recently at my General doc I almost cried when he saw my scars. He was very sympathetic and consoling so I immediately became a "little girl" viewing him as "daddy." I try to keep it in check though.

Ok in a factual sense, BPD means we never learnt how to deal/use/cope with our emotions properly.. so in that sense yes we are emotionally immature.

Personally im immature in most areas of my life, was once told by a shrink my mind was stuck at the age of 15... im not bothered by it i live i learn.

xxx

I don't understand Jinx, so many people say they are emotionally stuck at a young age yet I have been on this sight for a long time and I have never met a group of people that are so in touch with their feelings and aware of how they are feeling and know how to soothe themselves by coming here and asking for help. I also think that people here give great advice about life. What do you think?

Yeah I agree with you, i suppose its more how react to our emotions.. we tend to either completely cut-off from them or become completely absorbed in them that it debillitates us, then we cant deal with the feelings and we act-out or act-in, because we just dont know HOW to deal with them, or process them.

I was abused as a child too and at the age of 22.. I still feel like a child. I don't want any kind of responsibility in my life and I can't look after myself but I'm just stuck. If I let it go and grow up.. then my childhood is gone and it was all wasted

..thats sooo me too grow up? AAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! peter pan is my idol.

xxx

I would say that i agree with othrs, at times im an adult but when i get upset, angry or scared i feel like a child, often in T i too feel like a child but thats cos we are going back to that time, i get scared of anger, scared of being alone and abandoned because these things happened to me so i guess i act like a child when i feel threatened by these.... i often wonder why i cant deal with emotions like a grown up but i guess its cos i was abused and scared so i havent learned to cope with stresses very well....

but other wise im very grown up, infact therapists are always saying i had to grow up quick !

Archived