Mental Health Forums

Herbal Bath Soak

catsmother21

I have a friend who works for a very well known herbal shop in York and she has made up some dispersing bath oil for me. It's got lavender, rose, vetivert and juniper in it all of which are good for stress and anxiety. I use it before bed and I do feel calmer and therefore things aren't spinning around in my head quite as much and get to sleep quicker.

For those of us that like our baths, I thought it might be one for you to try xx

that sounds fab. i've only got a shower where i'm living now and am really missing having a long soak. next place i move to is definitely having a bath! x

I spoke to my friend about what people can do if they don't have a bath and she said that it can be used in a foot bath as well, the oils are still coming into contact with your skin and you can lean over and inhale the steam.

that sounds awesome!

We have a bath. I found this awesome portable spar/water massage system at the flea market. It's a mat you put in the bottom of the bath and hook to a machine that blows warm air making the whole bath bubble and massage your every inch! I put epson salts, bath oils etc in there just can't use bubble bath or you end up with bubbles up to the roof! :sofa: I like to also light the candles.

Also have a little foot spar.

If you have neither of those, I bought some lavendar oil and I put it on my temples of my head to sooth headache and anxiety.

I'm going to go get it now and use it!

Thanks for sharing this mix. :)

WP

Archived