Mental Health Forums

Samaritans

toaster

i put my name forward as a volunteer a few weeks back. last week i went to the open day. today was a few training exercises and selection process.

i had an interview with 2 woman. they went through my application form with me...some of the questions on the form were things like have i suffered a mental illness, have i suffered any trauma in my life, have i ever attempted suicide...i was honest and open with them. they asked me how my friends would describe me and i was able to give 4 positive answers :)

then we had another training exercise where i was able to speak my mind.

the boss woman called me out at the end and said 'louise we love to take u on as a volunteer'...i just stood and waited for the 'but..'...but none came!!!

training starts in 2 weeks!!!

im a little bit proud of myself :D

fantastic toaster.. that is so exciting!

I applied to be a samaritans volunteer last week, but was thinking that they wouldnt want me, cos i dont function well when depressed, but that gives me hope!

little bit proud.....?

you'd be AWESOME at that....!!!!

good luck with all the training... keep us posted as to how you go :)

chips loves crumbs :) xxxxxxx

that's absolutely wonderful news hun. I know you will be so good at talking to people in distress, and will know exactly the right things to say. Well done! :)

i put my name forward as a volunteer a few weeks back. last week i went to the open day. today was a few training exercises and selection process.

i had an interview with 2 woman. they went through my application form with me...some of the questions on the form were things like have i suffered a mental illness, have i suffered any trauma in my life, have i ever attempted suicide...i was honest and open with them. they asked me how my friends would describe me and i was able to give 4 positive answers :)

then we had another training exercise where i was able to speak my mind.

the boss woman called me out at the end and said 'louise we love to take u on as a volunteer'...i just stood and waited for the 'but..'...but none came!!!

training starts in 2 weeks!!!

im a little bit proud of myself :D

Thats excellent Toaster.

You have come a long way, and I think you will be a great samaritan.

Hope I get you if I call them.

lots of love

sw xxxxxxx

thanx everyone :)

they r doin a CRB check and i was a bit worried cuz i have assault charges on me, from the past. i emailed the boss woman an told her an she has emailed me back this morning to say its ok :)

*breathes again*

:)

so proud of you sams need people that know alot a hell of a lot about mh issues hunnie and im so pleased you voluteered hunnie its such a feel good feeling innit hunnie you go girlie :party: oh yeah!!!! haha!! xoxox :) :) :)

that's really great toast, and a really nice thing for you to help other people out too. like jelly said, it's great when people with experience of mental health problems do stuff like samaritans cos they have a lot of insight.

well done xx

Archived