Mental Health Forums

Color Chart For Bpd Symptoms

BPDlkeme

Hi folks,

I had this crazy idea when looking at all the ladies here today (i.e. updates) and the degrees to which they are experiencing things, and I just got a flash of inspiration, if I could have a meter for this, and then I said a meter would be for one of the symptoms, but something like a circular chart (pi-chart) which could be individualised could be created.

going from say yellow( for no sign) to dark red (for feeling it really bad). I think data did something similar with colours, but for a different reason. The advantage of this would be in identifying your own spectrum, i.e BPD is a spectrum disorder, and not all people experience each aspect (i.e. one might only experience 5/9 of the criteria, whereas others might be 7/9) and also in various degrees, if these where to be joined up, it would show areas where one really needs to work on. Just a suggestion, and also what they need to work on, they could also write in each sector of their individual pie chart what triggers this, towards the center the minor things, towards the outside they could right in the major things, may also help in explaining to partners.What does you guys think?

regds,

BPDlkeme

P.S. I would also like to hear Joshua's opinion, if possible.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use colour breathing when feeling anxious and short of breath - so I have a very strong idea about what colours I think are good for me and what is bad.

I agree with Josh about giving us an example. Sounds a good idea xx

I would like to see what your on about in picture form with a small written summary. :)

Thanks Joshua, coz I was actually interested in your reply, you seem to be a commonsensical kind a guy, thats why I wanted your opinion. and I will supply what you wanted, just give me a bit of time to do so! Will be back ASAP with a response!

regds,

BPDlkeme :masked: :masked: :masked:

The summary?

Because at the moment i just see a round bit of various colours....

OK, as I said the colours go from the centre outwards (i.e. from no feeling[yellow] to extreme [red])advantage of this is that sometimes people living with BPD (aka PLBPD) are not able to identify specific emotions but can tell if given a scale what emotions they are xperiencing in terms of colour. but this divodes it into specific aspects of BPD. Lets take impulsivity, looking at the diagram they can see it goes from yellow (least impilsive) to red (extremely impulsive) and within that they may view themselves as rising from low impulsivity to extreme and they can add iin in each track (similar to the tracks on a music CD going from first to last the track (but in reverse)which they think they match, and also what riggers such a response , for example to get them into the red zone(i.e. the worst zone).

Is this enough of a summary? I hope so but willing to answer an questions, if misunderstood until they get it.

regds,

BPDlkeme

Okay lets try something different...

What is it you wish for me to do?

How could I do it?

Why would it be in the community interest?

Could it be done in a way that was clearer?

How could I do it?

Hi, Joshua,

That's why I put it as a suggestion, I agre with your questions, and I would be happy to hear any and all suggestions.( however, you have ot expreessed any opinion, not even that it needs development!).I am not so sensitive Josh that I cant take criticism!

rgds,

BPDlkeme

P.s. I appreciate your response so far!

How could I do it?

OKey Dokey, logical as you require it! I respect that, I am quite logical myself.

what is it you wish for me to do? give your honest opinion, is this a useful tool?

How could I do it? by giving pros and cons.

Why would it be in the community interest? I have never seen a self-measurement tool, but I am open to contradiction, and plus as I said it would also help in explaining to partners about BPD and triggers.

Could it be done in a way that was clearer? Perhaps, As I said I am open to suggestions.This was just a suggestion.not really thought out Josh, just straight from the head.Is there better ways, Probably!

regds,

BPDlkeme

Okay. I think its far to complicated, I kinda get what your wishing to achieve but dont see the best way of getting there. I spoke to someone else who offered an idea (A traffic light system) but this would only be any good for either a general mood status or one symptom/trait. I dont know if you have another idea/way for it to work.

Hey guys, whats the story?

why is nobody else commenting on this thread, it is important that everybody does.

And I personally would like 2 hear ur views.

regds,

BPDlkeme

Can you make a chart and say what the colours mean? Maybe blue means sad to someone but serene like the sky to someone. Sorry if I'm making this more confusing. :ashamed0005:

Can you make a chart and say what the colours mean? Maybe blue means sad to someone but serene like the sky to someone. Sorry if I'm making this more confusing. :ashamed0005:

hi Catwomaan are we taalking specifics, like where I put yellow you would like blue?

Okay. I think its far to complicated, I kinda get what your wishing to achieve but dont see the best way of getting there. I spoke to someone else who offered an idea (A traffic light system) but this would only be any good for either a general mood status or one symptom/trait. I dont know if you have another idea/way for it to work.

I thought like a blog to chart our mood?

Sorry Catwoman, Ive been so caught up with josh's objection, I have not been disposed to reply!Wondering now when I Am gfing to be barred fromsayig anything, but I suppose I will be made to look unreasonable for making a suggestion, that contradicted the "status quo"

I think it's a great idea to bring this onto the forum hun,I would love to put the colour on my mood everyday,Is that what you mean hun?

Thanks, Cleopatra, just not sure, Im gonna have a chance to develop it, being cut off by Josh and moderators!

Archived