Mental Health Forums

Color Chart For Bpd Symptoms

BPDlkeme

Sorry Catwoman, Ive been so caught up with josh's objection, I have not been disposed to reply!Wondering now when I Am gfing to be barred fromsayig anything, but I suppose I will be made to look unreasonable for making a suggestion, that contradicted the "status quo"

I am sure that it's ok hun Josh asked for explanation and this is our input and your idea is great I think because I find it really hard letting people know how I feel and colours are great like art therapy and drama therapy, expressing ourselves in different ways. You don't look unreasonable hun but I know when I have an idea and it is hard to explain I can get upset and feel really silly but you are great to try and come up with this to help us express better. Please keep going with this idea about colours I think it is really progressive. :grouphug[1]:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankyou hun, thats all I thought I was tryin to do, but alas, josh disagrees and so it will be no more. this is unfortunate, he tells me I maake asumptions probably like this one (it'll be no more) I would like that not to be true( i.e. that he would allow people to diagree, and not ban them) but who knows? why did a moderator have to intervene?Is Josh not capable of answering questions, perhaps he didnt want to?

Thankyou hun, thats all I thought I was tryin to do, but alas, josh disagrees and so it will be no more. this is unfortunate, he tells me I maake asumptions probably like this one (it'll be no more) I would like that not to be true( i.e. that he would allow people to diagree, and not ban them) but who knows? why did a moderator have to intervene?Is Josh not capable of answering questions, perhaps he didnt want to?

It is a pity hun cos i think it is a great idea :)

It is a pity hun cos i think it is a great idea :)

Thanks Cleopatra, just not sure the management agrees with you!

regds,

BPDlkeme

if we use these colours and then map them we have a mood chart so we can see the cycle of our moods let other people know when we need more support and use it as a way of communicating when we are lost for words. Is that what was meant? What do you think Josh? :unsure:

I like it...I think it's great

This is actually a part of my therapy at the moment. Playing with colors.

I would like to try the pie chart for a couple of reasons:

• It keeps my mind occupied, I like being creative, I like different forms of play, and it is very interesting what the brain responds too. I am a right-side brain meaning that I am stimulated by creativity

• Other than that I think the pie chart is an excellent way of keeping track of the triggers that always remain in the “red zone” and never travel to the "inner Colors" as well as triggers that jump all over the place. I think this will add some control to these outrageous behaviors..

Very Good idea

I am going to make my own one with the colors that applies to me and put it in my room...it will have to be big loll or at least the red section as I experience triggers every day..

The other idea..if this might help someone else is: I have 3 emotions I struggle with:

Depressed/Sad – This is my blue monster

Irritation – This is my black monster, and he is the biggest

Anger – he is my red monster

Every time I experience an emotion, it is because one of this monsters is trying to protect me from something: maybe the feeling of abandonment, insecurities ect..

And I often find it helps to talk to them, and tell them that I do not need their protection right now, I can handle this one by myself

These monsters are very strong and very undisciplined, they do not often listen. But I am trying my best to talk to them.

It helps to have fun sometimes

Sparkles

if we use these colours and then map them we have a mood chart so we can see the cycle of our moods let other people know when we need more support and use it as a way of communicating when we are lost for words. Is that what was meant? What do you think Josh? :unsure:

wow,I love it :masked::masked: :masked:

Was just gonna say that Ross. I have only just read through this cos I'm not getting as involved as I used to. We did used to have a mood face we could put from like worst through about 5 stages wasn't it and then to happy??? I think more like if you imagine the voice of KIT (for all you 80's TV children) but upright with a coloured red "spectrum" you could switch from empty (being fine) to full red (being totally suicidal) perhaps. I don't like the pie idea to be honest BPD I think it's confusing but I do like the idea of having an empty to full measure or the old system of various faces to depict our mood although as I said about a year and a bit ago when they were here (don't know if you remember me saying it to you Josh) that it needed more degrees, it needs the full range of some of the most reported "moods" to fit with the emotional turmoil we go through. Perhaps along similar lines to the new crisis plan section it would be handy if we could track our moods so you could see a history of moods and learn from the pattern or the frequency of the mood swings and feelings. ???? This seems a better idea on the same theme. x

Its a great idea because its promoting minfullness of emotions... a BPD struggle.. in DBT u have to keep a daily mood diary for this purpose... prevent people just saying stuff like "i feel shit" with not really knowing which emotion is behind it.

Where did a mod get involved? i see no mod input?

xxx

Just a couple of points.

Given that I don't have a BPD dx, will this apply to me? (I do have a mood which can fluctuate at the drop of a hat)

If I don't want a mood ring, can I not get one? I ask for two reasons;-

I can be pretty lazy. Say I'm teetering on the edge one day I could be pretty cool the next. However everytime I log on, it won't be a priority for me to change my colour. Hence my advertised mood would often be misleading.

There will be days I will want to keep my mood to myself.

I know it's all hypothetical and I have no objections if other people really want mood indicators but I would want the option of opting out.

i remember the old site too ross and roses and the mood thing was useful... however i think that was part of the functionality of the platform Josh used to use...

if the IP board platform has such a function, i would welcome such a thing...

however, and i have said it before, and please correct me if i am wrong, but this is NOT a BPD exclusive forum... there are loads of people here, myself included, that do NOT have a dx of BPD, but suffer equally with our own mental health issues...

so IF such a thing COULD be implemented, then surely it should be able to be used by ALL....

well... that's my opinion...

Ok i kind of skimmed replies here.

Im wondering is what ur asking for is it like say smilies? or yes like what rose and ross said.

I would like to say, does ip board support such a thing? have the actual application to do it? From what im reading is, we all want things, but unless ur a prgram writer or the actual people who u get the forum from, is that u may get it.

Heck what do i know.

Here is a thought, why dont we just add a colour sample in our sig to say what mood we are in? This forum offers alot of add on, and not alot of people take the oppitunitie in looking in what they can do.

The last good thing only happened past week and he added a forum for us to put down our treatment plan. Just wondered how many people have even done that?

Also the other way u can show expression is through ur advatars.

just thoughts, sry for butting in.

Hi all,

Sometimes when Moderators intervene it's because no one person can be everywhere so we all work as a team to help discuss, and step in where needed. I know other mods have stepped in on my behalf when I couldn't be there, or the topic became too personally difficult for me to continue with. Doesn't mean that any one person didn't care or didn't want to answer. There are many reasons why someone will discontinue with a topic, be them a moderator or member.

I know I'm coming into this in the middle and have been away. Just kind of reading through the replies, I really think that BPDlkme you're taking Josh's replies wrong. That's so easy to do onlnine. I think he was interested in the idea and did think it was a good one, but feels it's too complicated to impliment and that the forum doesn't really give us the platform to do it with. It's not a reflection on you at all! Just some things can't be done.

Having said that, I know you're really smart with techy stuff! You might find a way. I believe we use to have an mood thing on the old forum and it was useful in some ways, and not so useful in others! When I'm in a down mood, yes I want people to know, but at the same time, I don't want to define myself by it or dwell on it. Sometimes putting the label on the mood can just feed into it and make it bigger! I need to know when my moods are low and recognize it, but not let it float around as my cloud of covering. Make sense? I think your chart will be really useful for us offline! To help people recognize where they are so that can make decisions about where they need to go. I think it's worth developing and sharing for people, BPD or otherwise. We all have moods and emotions. Don't give up the idea.

WP

hmmmmmmmmmmm

good points: easy for people who cant express themselves but want people to know how theyr feeling to do so, good to check on people who have been sui and see if they still feel bad

bad points: annoyin to have to change it each time specially if your moods change so much, sometimes a general colour wont match how you feel as people can be more complex

aaaannnnddd if it cant be done with the current forum then it isnt possible. plus if it costs its not really worth it.

good hypothetical idea tho, just think people will get bored and give up on it so will be a waste of time and effort

Ok, i have an idea... maybe we could have a pinned topic called name your emotion or something... and a list of all the primary and secondary emotions and then people just pick a number from the list and do a reply with what number/s they are feeling. Bit like the checking in topic except if u cant find the words they are there infront of u and all u gotta do is put the number.

xxx

Hi all,

Sometimes when Moderators intervene it's because no one person can be everywhere so we all work as a team to help discuss, and step in where needed. I know other mods have stepped in on my behalf when I couldn't be there, or the topic became too personally difficult for me to continue with. Doesn't mean that any one person didn't care or didn't want to answer. There are many reasons why someone will discontinue with a topic, be them a moderator or member.

I know I'm coming into this in the middle and have been away. Just kind of reading through the replies, I really think that BPDlkme you're taking Josh's replies wrong. That's so easy to do onlnine. I think he was interested in the idea and did think it was a good one, but feels it's too complicated to impliment and that the forum doesn't really give us the platform to do it with. It's not a reflection on you at all! Just some things can't be done.

Having said that, I know you're really smart with techy stuff! You might find a way. I believe we use to have an mood thing on the old forum and it was useful in some ways, and not so useful in others! When I'm in a down mood, yes I want people to know, but at the same time, I don't want to define myself by it or dwell on it. Sometimes putting the label on the mood can just feed into it and make it bigger! I need to know when my moods are low and recognize it, but not let it float around as my cloud of covering. Make sense? I think your chart will be really useful for us offline! To help people recognize where they are so that can make decisions about where they need to go. I think it's worth developing and sharing for people, BPD or otherwise. We all have moods and emotions. Don't give up the idea.

WP

Hi WP,

I think if you check my posts, I never asked for it to be implemented on the forum, just suggested it as an offline idea!But it has become something more than that, it has become about the freedom to discuss ideas openly and honestly with others, which I believed was what this forum was about.Now I know Joshua or the mods havent kicked me off or anything, and fair is fair, Joshua does have great tolerance when it comes to stuff being said on the forum, I have seen this, and it would be wrong to suggest it, but when a moderator intervenes to back up Joshua (like because he is not able to back himself up...despite saying I took a PM out into the open forum, then I have to start getting worried about that freedom of speech!)

regds,

BPDlkeme x

Archived