Mental Health Forums

Color Chart For Bpd Symptoms

BPDlkeme

Hi BPDlkeme,

As Moderators, it is our duty to intervene when things are posted that are against the rules..

Like this rule for instance

3. No personal disagreement should be brought into this community. If you have a disagreement with another member or a member of the team this should be sorted out in private. Posting private arguments/issues may result in moderation action being taken. If you would like help with an issue, or would like to discuss things, you can submit a support ticket.

Found here Terms of Use for the forum

Aurora :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi BPDlkeme,

As a moderator, it is our duty to intervene when things are posted that are against the rules..

Like this rule for instance

3. No personal disagreement should be brought into this community. If you have a disagreement with another member or a member of the team this should be sorted out in private. Posting private arguments/issues may result in moderation action being taken. If you would like help with an issue, or would like to discuss things, you can submit a support ticket.

Found here Terms of Use for the forum

Aurora :)

Hi _Aurora_, that is understood,

but as I mentioned in my post (moderators need to start reading more carefully, instead of jumping in at the first instance!) this was not a personal disagreement, as it involved everyones fundamental right to freedom of speech!and at that point became a public issue, and one which I felt needed to be highlighted.For a moderator to then wipe that post out, undermines this right.

regds,

BPDlkeme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4AItMg70kg&feature=related

"Rules are made for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men."(Mary Clarke)

Just because the Law said that no black man could be entered into a white college, or sit on a bus, or there had to be seperate toilets for blacck and white men, didnt make it right in Martin Luthers time.

Youre making me laugh,youre now comparing yourself and the situation here to the struggle of black people??

Few points,

-its in the middle of the night,Josh is asleep therefor Im responding not him.Im sure hed be here would he be up.

-Josh nor any member of staff ever said we do not like the idea,simply that it looks complicated and that the platform as is doesnt have such features,we are not programwriters,we cant make such a feature out of thin air.

-It was a private conversation you had BPDIkeme,you took it to the board,that is against the rules no matter how you want to look at it.

-Josh took you seriously,took a lot of time replying and then also PMing with you and people that have been here longer know he never shy's away from debate even if it concerns his actions etc but in the end there have to be rules and someone has to make the final desicions,can you not accept that?

Lilly

Youre making me laugh,youre now comparing yourself and the situation here to the struggle of black people??

Few points,

-its in the middle of the night,Josh is asleep therefor Im responding not him.Im sure hed be here would he be up.

-Josh nor any member of staff ever said we do not like the idea,simply that it looks complicated and that the platform as is doesnt have such features,we are not programwriters,we cant make such a feature out of thin air.

-It was a private conversation you had BPDIkeme,you took it to the board,that is against the rules no matter how you want to look at it.

-Josh took you seriously,took a lot of time replying and then also PMing with you and people that have been here longer know he never shy's away from debate even if it concerns his actions etc but in the end there have to be rules and someone has to make the final desicions,can you not accept that?

Lilly

Hi Lilly,

Never one to shy away from a debate myself, this is my response to the points you have made.

-its the middle of night, I too am sure Joshua would respond, I agree with what you have said about Josh, that he took me seriously, took time in replying and PMing me. I am glad to see you call this a debate, which as I imagined it was (despite getting personally attacked by a moderator - no names you understand, but you can check my personal messages,to see what names i have been called if you havent already been informed by that moderator). I realise (from previous debates on here with joshua, despite not being here as long as yourself or others) that Josh is more than capable of defending his own actions, attitudes, beliefs, convictions etc. and as it turns out, it was not Joshua's actions that have caused me the concern, but yours Lilly. You, and other moderators are fond of quoting the rules, Aurora uses the "Simple As..." argument, I've heard that one before. I understand as you say that there needs to be rules (otherwise it would be choas, there would be no boundaries, and people could get hurt, as has been said even by yourself they are there to protect ourselves and others).However, following rules blindly can be just as damaging as no rules at all, which is why i say, "Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men", which apparently I have "spouted out" many times before.No rule is written in stone, and all rules are open to interpretation, including the rules quoted to here.I understand that at the end of day, someone must arbitrate on this, that is, its a judgement call by a moderator, and in this case your judgement call, as you have interpreted the rule.i simply disagree with your interpretation. Thats all. But since I havent recieved any punishment, nor has any moderator barred me from the site for breaking a rule, I must conclude that that i haven't, but simply made a reasonable objection to the implementation of a rule, can you not accept that?

Regarding my use of Martin Luther King, I wouldnt dare compare myself to Martin Luther King, but rather lets look at this way, Before Martin Luther King got into the struggle for Black freedom (or more correctly, equal rights for black people), he was worried and went to his local pastor to ask his advice, and his local Pastor responded so, "Martin, if you see a good fight, get into it!".

regds,

BPDlkeme

As I said before;I respect your opinion in this,you disagree with the action I took and you expressed it,I have no problem with that. I have carefully listened to and considered your views on this and yes I accept them.However someone has to make final decisions and I have decided to stand by mine.

So were not going to agree here,which is also ok.

I do hope youll be able to leave it at that now.

Lilly

As I said before;I respect your opinion in this,you disagree with the action I took and you expressed it,I have no problem with that. I have carefully listened to and considered your views on this and yes I accept them.However someone has to make final decisions and I have decided to stand by mine.

So were not going to agree here,which is also ok.

I do hope youll be able to leave it at that now.

Lilly

Absolutely Lilly, when I got on here tonight, to my amazement I found that this had caused such a stir, but that also there were posts by Aurora and such which I duly then responded too. I did not, nor do I want to continue this, it is not my aim to cause upset, no grief for Josh, the moderators or anyone else, and so consider the matter dropped (unless of course I get more responses, in which case it would be ignorant not to respond).

regds,

BPDlkeme

(A Bollocks with an opinion!)

I think for a change, i'll let someone else respond to this one Lilly!

You have to forgive me,its just my nature, I'm a bit of a bollocks with an opinion!lol

regds,

BPDlkeme :D

The original idea was to have something by your name, similar to the old smiley system, so when you were talking/responding you can see how people felt and how they are feeling now. We also commented it would be a neasy tracking system of your daly ups and down and there could be a button to bring up dates and times of mood changes to keep an eye on frequency and severity. Then it crumbled into mayhem but I thought that the original pie chart idea was confusing and a simple icon with click to history of moods would be easier as that thread you are talking bout Chi is long and you have to read through pages and pages to track someone's mood swings and feeling changes. xxxxx

is there really any need to neg me? :wacko: all i did was point out good points and bad points :blink:

I would hope that somebody's finger accidentally slipped as it's quite possibly the least justifiable neg I've ever seen!

Got rid if it for you though :)

Im thinking something like;

Name your emotion/s, state the number (by the side of the emotion you feel) and intensity and colour your text to portray the intensity Green Low, amber medium, red high; Eg; 1, 21, 31

The emotions

1) Fear.

2) Anger.

3) Guilt

4) Depression

5) Pride

6) Jealousy.

7) Self-pity.

8) Anxiety.

9) Resentment.

10) Envy

11) Frustration

12) Shame.

13) Denial.

14) Offended.

15) Negative.

16) Regret. .

17) Resentful.

18) Sad.

19) Worried.

20) Grief.

21) Love

22) Appreciation

23) Happiness

24) Hope

25) Enthusiasm

26) Vitality

27) Confidence

28) Gratitude

29) Patient

30) Trust

31) Vulnerable

32) Optimistic

33) Appreciative

34) Ashamed

35) Astonished

xxx

Hi Jinx,

It was because of the difficulty with putting a number to emotions that I originally suggested using colours to express mood/emotions, and this is also one dimensional, in that it only deals with emotions, and not other symptoms of BPD! Sorry Jinx, dont mean to put you down you understand, and the idea is good, except for, as I said, the points mentioned.

regds,

BPDlkeme :sofa:

Name your emotion/s, state the number (by the side of the emotion you feel) and intensity and colour your text to portray the intensity Green Low, amber medium, red high; Eg; 1, 21, 31

The emotions

1) Fear.

2) Anger.

3) Guilt

4) Depression

5) Pride

6) Jealousy.

7) Self-pity.

8) Anxiety.

9) Resentment.

10) Envy

11) Frustration

12) Shame.

13) Denial.

14) Offended.

15) Negative.

16) Regret. .

17) Resentful.

18) Sad.

19) Worried.

20) Grief.

21) Love

22) Appreciation

23) Happiness

24) Hope

25) Enthusiasm

26) Vitality

27) Confidence

28) Gratitude

29) Patient

30) Trust

31) Vulnerable

32) Optimistic

33) Appreciative

34) Ashamed

35) Astonished

xxx

I suppose really i was thinking of myself, there are days i dont even remember what emotions are but i was thinking if there was a list in front of me i could be like; "no, no,no hmmm yeah a bit, no no no, yes def!"...etc.

xxx

The emotions

1) Fear.

2) Anger.

3) Guilt

4) Depression

5) Pride

6) Jealousy.

7) Self-pity.

8) Anxiety.

9) Resentment.

10) Envy

11) Frustration

12) Shame.

13) Denial.

14) Offended.

15) Negative.

16) Regret. .

17) Resentful.

18) Sad.

19) Worried.

20) Grief.

21) Love

22) Appreciation

23) Happiness

24) Hope

25) Enthusiasm

26) Vitality

27) Confidence

28) Gratitude

29) Patient

30) Trust

31) Vulnerable

32) Optimistic

33) Appreciative

34) Ashamed

35) Astonished

xxx

I suppose really i was thinking of myself, there are days i dont even remember what emotions are but i was thinking if there was a list in front of me i could be like; "no, no,no hmmm yeah a bit, no no no, yes def!"...etc.

xxx

yes just looking at that list has reminded me what emotions there are and helped me pinpoint how i'm feeling.x

been reading this, and think the word idea is good, as vivien says it helps you work out how your feeling. yeah think words are better than colours, they can be confusin

Archived