Mental Health Forums

21Yr Old Depressed Girl...just Needing A Friend

sasha.fire

Hi,

Im new to this forum and the whole blogging concept. Im a law student in my last year and I've struggled with depression for my whole life. Secondary school was very hard but being at home I managed to get through it. The last 3 years I have been at Uni and my depression has only got worse. I feel so alone away from home, I have no friends at uni, no confidence and no motivation. I want so much to enjoy uni life and I fight for it everyday but sometimes it's all abit much. My best friend stole from me last year and lied to me alot, which led me this year to distance myself from her, in turn she has lied to our mutual friends about me and I now have no one to talk to. My boyfriend doesn't understand and to be honest I don't think he wants to put the time into trying and I hate talking to my mum about how I feel, only because I hate her worrying about me and I dont want her to hurt. I joined here really looking for people to talk to, to find just one person who'll have a conversation with me.

Hi sasha

Welcome to the forum!

I'm relatively new here myself but have already met a number of lovely people who have been a great help to me.

I also suffer from depression so I can understand how you are feeling.

Any time you need to talk feel free to PM me, I'm here most of the time.

Hi, thank you. Im hoping to meet some more people aswell, an old friend used to use a similar type of website and she made some really good friends through it and well, i need friends lol. I see you're from herne bay, I'm studying in canterbury at UKC, it's a small world. x

Hey Sasha, and welcome ^_^

It does sound as though you have a lot to deal with right now, that can't be easy.

However, there are plenty of people here who will be able to relate to these things you're going through and the way you're feeling, and this is a great place to just vent and get it all out without having to worry about upsetting family or whoever too.

Looking forward to seeing you around the place, and i hope you find what you need here.

Take care,

Crip xx

Hi Sasha,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so low, but glad you've found this site as there are some really, lovely, supportive people here.

Its a shame you are feeling like this while at Uni, cos you should be out enjoying yourself. That's what Uni is for (oh, and to study ofc) Are you coping with your course work? My son did a law degree so I know how much work is involved.

Have you been to the doctor about your depression? If you haven't it might be worth going to have a chat with him. Maybe he can refer you for some counselling., or maybe you need some meds to help you. It might be worth going to the Uni counselling service, to help you see the wood for the trees. Don't be afraid to ask for help fron RL people.

Hope you make some friends here,

Love from another Kentish person! xx

sasha.fire,

Hi! Welcome.

It's difficult having to deal with studies and no friends for support. It's difficult enough for me and I really don't mind being on my own. I feel for you. But you are here now and there is nothing wrong with making friends on the net. It's a sign of the times. Depression is often very hard to deal with but there are things we can do for ourselves to make things a little easier. We can practise positive thinking. I read a lot on that and inspirational stuff. One day at a time that's all I can manage. Pour it all out on here. I have on different forums over the past few years and it really helped.

Best wishes.

Hi,

Thank you for your concern. The work at Uni hasn't started piling in..yet but I managed last year with the help of extensions and so on. I've been to the doctors..many times. I am on meds and I've had counselling, I think Ive taken that as far as possible, I gained alot from it but I guess its just a case of me putting what I've learnt into practice. Thank you for taking an interest, it's nice just to be able to tell the truth and people just talk to me and are nice. x

Hi Sasha,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so low, but glad you've found this site as there are some really, lovely, supportive people here.

Its a shame you are feeling like this while at Uni, cos you should be out enjoying yourself. That's what Uni is for (oh, and to study ofc) Are you coping with your course work? My son did a law degree so I know how much work is involved.

Have you been to the doctor about your depression? If you haven't it might be worth going to have a chat with him. Maybe he can refer you for some counselling., or maybe you need some meds to help you. It might be worth going to the Uni counselling service, to help you see the wood for the trees. Don't be afraid to ask for help fron RL people.

Hope you make some friends here,

Love from another Kentish person! xx

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I wish I enjoyed being by myself, well i do sometimes, i think i just need to feel like i have people there for me first. Ive had some counselling and i try to put that into practice but as anyone on here must know its hard keeping it up every single day. x

sasha.fire,

Hi! Welcome.

It's difficult having to deal with studies and no friends for support. It's difficult enough for me and I really don't mind being on my own. I feel for you. But you are here now and there is nothing wrong with making friends on the net. It's a sign of the times. Depression is often very hard to deal with but there are things we can do for ourselves to make things a little easier. We can practise positive thinking. I read a lot on that and inspirational stuff. One day at a time that's all I can manage. Pour it all out on here. I have on different forums over the past few years and it really helped.

Best wishes.

I'm still waiting for my counselling appointments but I've read a lot of books and yeah, it's tough to keep fighting every day, and some days you just feel like crap and it's good to know there are people here who will help pull you out of that hole and help you back on the road to recovery.

XX

Archived