Mental Health Forums

To Mods/ Supervisors... God.. Whoever

Jinxsta

I cannot see the point of the rep system. I understand mistakes occur, but when people go around un-negging their mates then what is the point? It is an obvious misuse, like Data did with a mods post yesterday and even makes a post to say so. Please, if we have this system, can the people misusing it be held accountable or it means nothing.

Edit, sorry off topic, I will start a new topic.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot see the point of the rep system. I understand mistakes occur, but when people go around un-negging their mates then what is the point? It is an obvious misuse, like Data did with a mods post yesterday and even makes a post to say so. Please, if we have this system, can the people misusing it be held accountable or it means nothing.

Edit, sorry off topic, I will start a new topic

This reminds me of a court case where something is said and the judge asks you (the jury) to disregard what you have just heard. You posted this and within a second added the bit on the end..

It reminds me more of when something is said, possibly read by other members, then realised it is off topic so I make a separate topic, as you can see in the General Forum. :)

It reminds me more of when something is said, possibly read by other members, then realised it is off topic so I make a separate topic, as you can see in the General Forum. :)

Yes I saw that.

Arrakis I am so sorry I accidentally negged your post ! I'm so sorry I went to check who had negged you and in my early morning blindness I negged it myself instead of hitting the 0 right beside it. Please forgive me! And if a kindly mod could get rid of it that would be great! Again, so sorry Arrakis, I just was being nosey to see who had negged you. I will now go and get a coffee and make a mental note to be more careful first thing with my button pressing! xxxxxx

it's ok :lol: :unsure:

TBH fuck this shit right now... my point was just people may feel rejected and unwanted (esp with BPD) if a goodbye post is made and locked... no i wont PM coz well to be perfectly honest i couldnt give a flying fuck anymore PLUS this is a community concern not a privatre one... go ahead do the little rules and acts against free speech, and kicking people while they are down... who am i to judge?

What is this? You have a bad day so everyone else must pay? You bring something up that has bothered you, people are responding as you incited and then you couldnt give a flying fuck anymore?

You seem quick to jump on your rights to freedom of speech and belittle the rules here but these are exactly what keep everyone safe. What about the rights of the people who are affected by leaving posts? the people who use goodbye posts as a means to achive or alter a situation to something that fits their situation better? Goodbye posts are often used as a means to manipulate people or in an effort to seek sympathy or reassurance and it isnt fair or right for people who have offered their support and friendship in times of need.

9 times out of 10 people return. Maybe not today or tomorrow but they return.

Bad day- yes, everyone else must pay- no... I didnt get abusive to anyone, i dont believe i have caused anyone grief by my posts... the reason i said i couldnt give a flying fuck anymore, is because i realised there were much more pressing issues in my life right now to be worried about, than debating a rule that doesn't affect my life as a whole. My emotional dysregulation sometimes affects the way I articulate myself, sometimes the hurt i am feeling in one area spills out into another insignificant area....hands up.. i have imperfections. My opinions do not hold much validity right now.

xxx

TBH fuck this shit right now... my point was just people may feel rejected and unwanted (esp with BPD) if a goodbye post is made and locked... no i wont PM coz well to be perfectly honest i couldnt give a flying fuck anymore PLUS this is a community concern not a privatre one... go ahead do the little rules and acts against free speech, and kicking people while they are down... who am i to judge?

What is this? You have a bad day so everyone else must pay? You bring something up that has bothered you, people are responding as you incited and then you couldnt give a flying fuck anymore?

You seem quick to jump on your rights to freedom of speech and belittle the rules here but these are exactly what keep everyone safe. What about the rights of the people who are affected by leaving posts? the people who use goodbye posts as a means to achive or alter a situation to something that fits their situation better? Goodbye posts are often used as a means to manipulate people or in an effort to seek sympathy or reassurance and it isnt fair or right for people who have offered their support and friendship in times of need.

9 times out of 10 people return. Maybe not today or tomorrow but they return.

Bad day- yes, everyone else must pay- no... I didnt get abusive to anyone, i dont believe i have caused anyone grief by my posts... the reason i said i couldnt give a flying fuck anymore, is because i realised there were much more pressing issues in my life right now to be worried about, than debating a rule that doesn't affect my life as a whole. My emotional dysregulation sometimes affects the way I articulate myself, sometimes the hurt i am feeling in one area spills out into another insignificant area....hands up.. i have imperfections. My opinions do not hold much validity right now.

xxx

Hun this is a site for people with BPD if SOMEONE, and it doesn't matter who that person is cannot see a bigger picture, that is their problem in their narrow world.

This is a site for people with mental health problems, it's not limited to BPD. The rules are there to keep everyone safe, and by posting here you're agreeing to abide by them.

This is a site for people with mental health problems, it's not limited to BPD. The rules are there to keep everyone safe, and by posting here you're agreeing to abide by them.

This in no way relates to what my message to Jinx was. BPD/or any other mental health issue my message remains relevant and the same.

fuk me, i feel like im a merry go round! this topic and the other topic!

How many times do we have to go over the same stuff?

Is it ground hog day again?

You can be emotionally unstable and still make wise decisions and choices.

And vice versa, you can be emotionally stable and make unwise decisions and choices, I believe that is called being human! :)

"Genrally" when people are going through emotional ditress resulting in emotional dysregulation there judgement of what is "wise" becomes clouded. Also ones perception of wise is not the same for all... if only eh? no war, no famine, no poverty, no u[pset, no arguments...

xxx

Archived