Mental Health Forums

To Mods/ Supervisors... God.. Whoever

Jinxsta

fuk me, i feel like im a merry go round! this topic and the other topic!

How many times do we have to go over the same stuff?

Is it ground hog day again?

Merry-go-rounds make me feel ill.. i usually avoid them completely.. or whist on one I step off before i puke everywhere.

xxx

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blah blah blah, tit for tat

weeeee im on a merry go round!

You are not helping, you are prolonging a discussion and upsetting people, until or unless you have something useful to say perhaps you could remain silent. Thanks :)

lady gaga, i did give something usefull, maybe not in ur eyes? but for a fact of your small amount of time being here on this forum, to my near 5 fukin hard yrs here, will i need to say what is on the tip of my toungue?

By the way, smilies dont work with me, when it comes to u dont actually mean it.

maybe u need to be silent and step away from the computer.

You are not helping, you are prolonging a discussion and upsetting people, until or unless you have something useful to say perhaps you could remain silent. Thanks :)

Harsh words from the advocate of free speech and subjective truth I think.

lady gaga, i did give something usefull, maybe not in ur eyes? but for a fact of your small amount of time being here on this forum, to my near 5 fukin hard yrs here, will i need to say what is on the tip of my toungue?

By the way, smilies dont work with me, when it comes to u dont actually mean it.

maybe u need to be silent and step away from the computer.

:) I would have thought in your five hard years you would have had something more constructive to add, but we are all different and that is something I embrace. Sorry to have overlooked your wise input.

Harsh words from the advocate of free speech and subjective truth I think.

Subjective is the word a la mode. :)

When someone is struggling with their emotional instability part of their disorder, what could others do to help them? What would feel helpful?

Very good question, maybe tactfully help that person see there is another side, without being dismissive, forceful or judgemental... WP displays this perfectly. Feelings being validated rather than invalidated.. not giving an opinion if you know it is going to be detrimental to that persons mental state.

xxx

And you are?

Very good question, maybe tactfully help that person see there is another side, without being dismissive, forceful or judgemental... WP displays this perfectly. Feelings being validated rather than invalidated.. not giving an opinion if you know it is going to be detrimental to that persons mental state.

oh how the world would be if everyone was just the way i wanted them to be and responded so perfectly to my own imperfections.

And you are?

oh how the world would be if everyone was just the way i wanted them to be and responded so perfectly to my own imperfections.

Indeed, our wants/expectations and needs are seldom met (tis life), that doesnt mean we do not state them when asked.. "what do you want right now?"..."to win the lottery"... doesnt mean its going to happen or that i expect to get it... just answering the question posed.

Indeed, our wants/expectations and needs are seldom met (tis life), that doesnt mean we do not state them when asked.. "what do you want right now?"..."to win the lottery"... doesnt mean its going to happen or that i expect to get it... just answering the question posed.

Oh and indeed you are entitled. I wasnt attemptng to state otherwise.

Oh and indeed you are entitled. I wasnt attemptng to state otherwise.

...cool....... so wheres my 6 mill then??? :lol:

xxx

im afriad your have to take that up with the national lottery. Im sure they would love to hear about what you feel entitled to :)

hmmm might have some trouble convincing them without a ticket :rolleyes:

xxx

When someone is struggling with their emotional instability part of their disorder, what could others do to help them? What would feel helpful?

Sometimes they just need love and understanding. Other times they just need a listening ear, and still other times they need silence! so that they can think on their own actions and assess them. weigh themselves up because the last thing that was said is hanging in the air and it's their own words.

Still other times they need some time to cool off a bit and then re think what they have done, they need space and room to make mistakes so that they can learn from them, a safe place to mess up, do the wrong things but still be accepted for just exactly where they are!

Room to grow, room to learn and better themselves. I refer to them as golden opportunities to use the skills they have learnt in therapy.

I learnt from a very wise counsellor of mine, Salli, to accept people right where they were. Even if it was not where I wanted them to be or where I thought they should be. Just to quietly accept, this is where they are... this is where I am.

Just be there for them. Available, ready when they settle down and want to come back for the support you are offering. Leave your hand open.

Not sure if I said anything that makes sense.

WP

Archived