Mental Health Forums

Rep System Misuse

*Summer*

I cannot see the point of the rep system. I understand mistakes occur, but when people go around un-negging their mates then what is the point? It is an obvious misuse, like Data did with a mods post yesterday and even makes a post to say so. Please, if we have this system, can the people misusing it be held accountable or it means nothing.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though maybe not every point is given for exactly right reasons we are not going to judge every neg or pos point in the sense of was it given for the right reasons,we simply do not have the time and mostly trust you guys to be responcible.

However if one repetedly misuses the system and it comes to our attention we do ask questions and if needed take action.

Lilly

Its bizarre that I am singled out as being a misuser of the rep system!!!! If you look back through my posts you will see the SAME people neg my posts all the time.

I believe some people here, who don't like me, search through my posts and if there is anything slightly controversial they 'neg' it, in a childish attempt to hurt me.

Clear this up. Data this thread is not about you. However, yesterday you misused the system, I am merely saying that giving points to cancel out your mates neg points is misuse, so as Lilly says, we know this and should sort this out ourselves. Do you think you can do that Data?

Clear this up. Data this thread is not about you. However, yesterday you misused the system, I am merely saying that giving points to cancel out your mates neg points is misuse, so as Lilly says, we know this and should sort this out ourselves. Do you think you can do that Data?

The reason why I cancelled out your negative of Arrakis's post is because I thought you were being unfair. Arrakis is not particularly one of my friends (she is not my enemy either) its just she is a mod doing her job and I respect the mods on here and I thought your negging of it was unfair.

Thats why I cancelled it out. Its not misuse. There is nothing that Lilly has said that says it is misuse. Arrakis is not my 'mate'.

It is misuse if you were not going to give the positive point anyway, you freely admit you gave the point as you felt you didn't agree with my point. That is misuse, get it?

Roses, tired or bored, please feel free to be rude somewhere else. :)

When negging a post, your personal view of the person who is posting should not even enter into it. The content should. It saddens me to see the same people negging each other reguardless of what the post says. Even if is relatively neutral in nature.

Yes, I do notice this.

WP

Again I agree Cleopatra! It seems that if you dont agree or as I have stated before "lick arse" to the populars on here then you get negged. But you can be rude eg the "yawn" and get a positive?!!! Have an opnion anyone else you end with minus rep points!!! Ludicrous!

(awaits the neg points for this comment) LOL

Again I agree Cleopatra! It seems that if you dont agree or as I have stated before "lick arse" to the populars on here then you get negged. But you can be rude eg the "yawn" and get a positive?!!! Have an opnion anyone else you end with minus rep points!!! Ludicrous!

I disagree with you as I feel the *yawn* was valid. I still gave you a positive though... for irony's sake :D

*loves irony*

I disagree with you as I feel the *yawn* was valid. I still gave you a positive though... for irony's sake :D

*loves irony*

You love irony, cute! The rep system is not for irony, check out Lilly's post.

*loves irony*

You love irony, cute! The rep system is not for irony, check out Lilly's post.

I just gave you a positive because you called me cute :)

Re-read, I did not call YOU cute. Rather than using a system to gain favour that you don't understand please read Lilly's post regarding abuse of the rep system.

Re-read, I did not call YOU cute. Rather than using a system to gain favour that you don't understand please read Lilly's post regarding abuse of the rep system.

I understand perfectly.

*gives you another rep point*

No you don't and you are being antagonistic, very mature! I thought you helped here so because you wished to ease the pain of those that suffer with mental illness, it appears not.

The rep system is clearly set out, you award or detract points not on the basis of annoying someone, picking on someone, favouring someone or "balancing" out your friends negative points. If the mini mods and mods can't grasp that then their is little hope.

Ouch!

If you're going to get personal then I'd rather you did it in private :)

I'm just pointing out that you take the whole reputation system thing way too seriously and it isn't healthy.

Dishing out points to me to belittle my point in public was your choice. I am entitled to view the rep system as I wish thank you. I would suggest that if you wish to belittle my points, that you deem invalid, you do that in private.

So you're entitled to view and use the rep system as you wish, but CWP is not allowed to practice the rep system usage in the way he views it and must practice his usage of it in private? Seems a bit unfair.

Archived