Mental Health Forums

Rep System Misuse

*Summer*

I disagree Sophhee with that. People especially those with MH issues find any negativity towards them even if it is on a forum with neg and pos rep points really hard. I know I take it personally and begin to think OMG im a terrible person someone negged me, this I thought was a support forum and when people are negging someones post just because they dont like it I find that unfair and negative in my life. To me its just a popularity contest which does not seem fitting on a recovery/support forum.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree Sophhee with that. People especially those with MH issues find any negativity towards them even if it is on a forum with neg and pos rep points really hard. I know I take it personally and begin to think OMG im a terrible person someone negged me, this I thought was a support forum and when people are negging someones post just because they dont like it I find that unfair and negative in my life. To me its just a popularity contest which does not seem fitting on a recovery/support forum.

The fact of the matter is its here to stay for now so if its not something you can accept you may wish to consider finding something that meets your expectations fully.

The fact of the matter is its here to stay for now so if its not something you can accept you may wish to consider finding something that meets your expectations fully.

Where did she say she couldnt accept it?... meerly expressing an opinion i believe... yet again josh your lack of diplomacy displays "if you dont like it fuck off".

To me its just a popularity contest which does not seem fitting on a recovery/support forum.

I think my comment is justified by this remark.

yet again josh your lack of diplomacy displays "if you dont like it fuck off

In your own language this is in effect what im saying, yes.

There are many expectation flowing around but these simple cannot be met. My team and i are jumped on for the way in which we say/explain something continiously which serves no purpose and is unfair to the person that gives their time in order to keep the place going.

To me its just a popularity contest which does not seem fitting on a recovery/support forum.

I think my comment is justified by this remark.

Its an opinion... note "does not SEEM fitting" thus the person is not claiming to state a fact but an opinion put out there for response.

Stop it everyone, please?!?!? Just stop it. :crying_anim:

I see why you want this to stop but i think its best to have this all out in the open, deal with it and move on from it as the issue continues to raise itself.

hey jinx i dont think that is the case hun, its just this has been brought up so many times, and he has stated and made it quite clear the system is part of the forum, there is only so many times that he can keep repeating this, and people dont seem to be listening to that. There are plenty of things he has listened to us forum users about, and changed things to suit people. how ever this is one thing he believes in, it is ultimately his choice. its not nice to receive negs, but for those who care it might teach us what we are doing wrong, people over use the positive too, so do we condemn them also?

Its an opinion... note "does not SEEM fitting" thus the person is not claiming to state a fact but an opinion put out there for response.

Your quite argumentative arnt you? Should a person believe that a mental health forum is unbecoming of their view of a mental health forum you would think it reasonable for someone to suggest posssibly considering if the place is for them or whether they may find some where else that could better fit their needs/expectations.

.....so if we translate your last post into my language... "if u have a different opinion to me and the mods, do not say so just fuck off, because we cannot deal with people disaggreeing."

.....so if we translate your last post into my language... "if u have a different opinion to me and the mods, do not say so just fuck off, because we cannot deal with people disaggreeing."

oh yes you have me. thats exactly what i was thinking. Glad to see we are on the same page.

I suspect Jinxsta what ever i say your gonna pounce on and turn it into what ever you need it to be to continue down this path your on.

Your quite argumentative arnt you? Should a person believe that a mental health forum is unbecoming of their view of a mental health forum you would think it reasonable for someone to suggest posssibly considering if the place is for them or whether they may find some where else that could better fit their needs/expectations.

Are you having a bad day Josh? how someone can take my last post argumentative i do not know, if not agreeing with you means someone is being argumentative, then yes i suppose in your eyes i am.

I see why you want this to stop but i think its best to have this all out in the open, deal with it and move on from it as the issue continues to raise itself.

OK, I can appreciate that in order to deal with it, it needs to be out in the open, but all I can see is things going round and round in circles, without really getting anywhere.

I would like to point out, too, just so it might help some people stop and think a minute, that this thread has 90+ responses. Now go to the crisis section of the forum, and see how many people have responded there. I think people should definitely reconsider their priorities, because to me, that's wrong. So very wrong.

Are you having a bad day Josh? how someone can take my last post argumentative i do not know, if not agreeing with you means someone is being argumentative, then yes i suppose in your eyes i am.

My day is fine thank you. I just believe this topic has been exhausted time and time again and there is little to add, this being said its still here and im still spending my time responding to it.

OK, I can appreciate that in order to deal with it, it needs to be out in the open, but all I can see is things going round and round in circles, without really getting anywhere.

I would like to point out, too, just so it might help some people stop and think a minute, that this thread has 90+ responses. Now go to the crisis section of the forum, and see how many people have responded there. I think people should definitely reconsider their priorities, because to me, that's wrong. So very wrong.

I agree with you, its very tiresome.

couldnt agree more flower

I agree especially when the subject keeps changing and things getting personal.

RIP this thread

It no longer deserves my attention, time or effort.

GOOD DAY!

xxx

you know I dont really care at all about this rep system, what I do care about is receiving and giving support to others,

and thats whats its about isnt it. Determined not to read any of this stuff from now on but can see for some its meeting a need, maybe it would help if you tried to identify what this need is.

RIP this thread

GOOD DAY!

xxx

Well its official. Be gone with the..

lol

RIP this thread

GOOD DAY!

xxx

Well its official. Be gone with the..

lol

LOL... made me chuckle.

xxx

Archived