Mental Health Forums

Yesterday's Therapy

Data

Unfortunately yesterday my mood was very low and I was seeing everything through shit-tinted glasses. Today I am able to have a more objective view on things.

The psychologist said that my wife and I complement each other well and that I give her reassurance/love. He said that we have a lot of positive things to say about each other.

My therapist says that I am doing the best that I can. He says that my wife and I are good parents and that we spend quality time with the children. He said that the things that I do with the children are things that a lot of parents wouldn't even bother with.

My therapist does not think that we need help with our parenting skills as such, he thinks we need help to relate to each other better. But he is still confident that Relate is not the place to do this. My thoughts and feelings are very in-tune with my therapist. I feel that its not so much getting a good therapist, as getiing a therapist that you get on with. And I get on with my therapist. He might not suit some people here, but he suits me!

Last night I had an hour with the kids just watching TV with them. Also I spent some time with my wife watching a film. It wasn't a great film but its nice to have some time together.

My therapist said that the reason why I was feeling anxious yesterday was because the psychologist had made me feel less certain about some things; these were things that I had been feeling certain about since talking to my therapist. I can feel that confidence coming back today.

If you keep your focus on the positive things, then the negatives in your life will shrink away and get smaller, while the positives will grow.

WP

Archived