Mental Health Forums

Finished Therapy

xkayleighx

well i got a letter through saying that i have finished my DBT therapy, this is about 3months after the last time i saw her because she was never available, she said im in full-time work, when im just in part time volunteer work, im getting more secluded and not going out except for work and to sign on, my moods are still extreme and i still have thoughts to self harm even though i dont actually carry it out, but just seems like i need more than one year in therapy, but what am i supposed to do? she said i have phone support but ive only ever called her 3 times since i started with her and even then i wasnt at crisis. i just feel like im going to lose everything and il have nothing all over again. im starting to get abandonment issues again because ive started seeing this guy who is probably the best thing that has happened to me in years, he`s laid back but a little bit too much so hence why sometimes i think he doesnt care, i think im not used to someone who isnt as fiery as i am, but he lives like 3hrs from me by train so distance is a pain in the ass but i can honestly say that i love him and he means alot to me which usually so easy to say because of how emotionally attached i can get quickly but this is different, i think. im just trying to enjoy the fact that he likes me, he says he loves me too so im getting the whole this is too good to be true phase. and now its off topic. but sometimes i feel like im doing well, other times im like i need help.

Archived