Mental Health Forums

"normal People" Are Such Bastards!

blazey

I am so few up with so called normal people who 'were' my friends. They aren't my friends now because they misunderstand my behaviours, get fed up with how I am and then completely ignore me. So now I hate them, they are bastards!

For a start I have tried to educate everyone to the BPD 'ways', but I guess they are so ignorant they think having a broken brain is like having a broken leg. They it gets better and works perfect again.

These people are so stupid! Because all they are doing is making me feel worse about myself because they do not understand me. Thus starting the cycle of the: frantic efforts not to be abandoned or rejected, "attention seeking" and then the all or nothing/loved them now I hate them, thinking.

Then my impulsiveness begins again, to self sooth, and then intolerance starts all over, because to these "normal people" I'm just being destructive to attention seek.......... thus the vicious circle starts again.

I hate normal people!

Yes some people are so small minded that the think that just because u can't see that someone is mentally ill means its not as serious as a broken arm etc!

Trying to educate them sounds like a great way to go, you have more patience than I have and dont like them knock u down!

Just a side note here really, but 'normal people'? What's 'normal'?

Don't take too much offence from this, as I'm a BPD sufferer but also a student mental health professional.

But, if you mean people without a mental health disorder (of which, believe it or not, there are very VERY few) then are you not as guilty of generalisation and discrimination than those you mention? Surely to classify somebody without your (or a) condition is as bad as classifying someone with your (or a) condition?

Equality has to be equal, you can't use labels to suit.

its hard for anyone to swing round mood changes whether they are so called normal or not... fortunally i dont play out my issues to much around my friends or girlfriend, i tend just to go inside myself... however its alot harder at work....its easy for people to get fed up with you/me tolarance is a testing time. i tend to always blame everyone else then later beat myself up because i then question myself. because my attitude changes so much its hard to decide which feelings are real causin frustration with them and myself.. :unsure:

Archived