Mental Health Forums

Commit To Be Fit

piuma

OK sooo

I am hugely overweight and have just started at the gym, i have always seen exercise as a chore but now i am trying to change this to something i enjoy and something that will ultimatly help my mental health.

I thought we could use this thread as like a forum fitness group. help motivate each other and help each other when we are struggling.

this could be for everone, no thinspo stuff tho <_<

so who will join me on this?

today i did an hour in the gym :masked:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to add, if you cant get out and walk or arent very mobile, there is stuff you can do round the house....

sitting there liffting a tin of beans, walk up and down stairs, stand up sit down, theres just loads you can do....

if you want the gym and swimming, it doesnt have to be expensive, you can get a thing called exercise by invatition from the doctors which you can use for depression and various other things, where you get 16 weeks with a trainer, you work at your own pace and it only costs a pound each time.

good luck guys. grouphug[1].gif:rambo:

oh and dont forget this not a competition, this just somewhere to help motivate us :rolleyes:

good idea winnie :D

for ppl that don't know me as well i have an ed as well - i have put weight on but anorexia has affected my bones and muscles, mostly in my legs. i am trying to change my thought patterns from 'i want to be thin' to 'i want to be healthy' :)

i have found this site http://www.quotegard...m/exercise.html which is full of encouraging exercise quotes :) some are quite funny :D

today i did an hour in the gym wif winnie :)

for me i have to remember to take a break from exercise as well as im a perfectionist and highly competitive with myself :blink::lol: so some of my replies on this thread will be me taking a break for the day :o:)

well done winnie pie wub.gif

and yes, good luck everyone!! :D xx

Yay!!! I lifted my coffee cup.... *drink* Does that count? :lol: Nah... I'll see what I can do today... I'm not exactly overweight (borderline) but although my son is almost 7 years old... I still have that baby fat!! <_< Lets get to it!! :D

Woohoo! Well I'm into walking, all be it on my own, well with Connor in his puschair lol. I've lost 17lbs so far, another stone to go :s So grateful for any motivation and encouragment lol. Looking forwards to it :)

thats great choooochooo :) keep going:)

catsmummy, no pressure babes, and just what ever you can manage :)

dont forget we will all have the odd off day, or lots even, but what eva you can manage, even if thats just a little more movement around the house......cleaning is a good work out too :)

keep going me darlings,

i want to lose weight, but im definalty focussin on the feel good factor :) xxx

well done hun. You'll soon begin to enjoy it. I think exercise is very important in regards to mental health aswell as physical health. It'll clear your mind and make you feel great. You'll be addicted to it in no time! Make sure you take your ipod with you. It's alot more enjoyable when you have the music you like while exercising. And you'll probably find you'll move in time with the music. And watching the weight drop off you is a definate bonus! Xx

I have a confession... :unsure:

I've had a burger king for tea and about 6 chocolate truffles. Will do extra housework tomorrow I promise!

hun its not so much about diet as doing something exercise wise to make you feel good, if you enjoyed your food, then yay, dont let it get to you. xxxx

I have a confession... :unsure:

I've had a burger king for tea and about 6 chocolate truffles. Will do extra housework tomorrow I promise!

mmmmm burger king :D

lmao @ toast

just havin a quick cuppa while I have the house to myself (dp at work, Leaha t school, Connor out with Grandma) then I'm making a start on my to do list. Well actually I;ve already kinda started coz I was doing a bit of tidying in the dining room while waiting for comp to load and kettle to boil ;)

YAY well done lovely people, hows everyone getting along today, i must confess today i havent gone to the gym, but my chest is soooo sore, its just a no no today, however, hopefully tomorrow i will feel better.

xxxxx

I have done some housework today and walked to the supermarket and back again with two big heavy bags. Could hardly breathe when I got back but I did it. :D

Yay Cat! I've walked to town and back, which includes a bloody steep hill coming home lol. And I was pushing Connor in the pushchair with shopping bags on

Archived