Mental Health Forums

Commit To Be Fit

piuma

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did a 2 mile walk :) it was going to get a petrol can and petrol after we broke down on a main rd on the way to tescos ashamed0005.gif the police were parked opposite where we broke down and pushed us into the lay-by why i wandered of on me trek for petrol :lol:

lol ooooppsiesssssss hehehehe

Doh!! - I've done that before now on me moped :P

I cycled 12miles today to go to Therapy! :)

x

12 miles?! holy fuck well done!! i hope u told ur therapist u did that!! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I most certainly did tell T and also that I had to walk back the 6mile one way part last Monday as had a puncture so had to spend 2 and half hours walking home!

-Sorry I nearly pissed myslf laughing when read your reply toastie!!

x

last night me and betty played on the WII and she thrashed my derrière, well......so i let her believe..... ;)

OI!!!

ur lucky i aint negged that <_<:P

yes i won cuz i is da best :D

I'm goin for a 4 mile walk today :) dropping the car off to get new exhasut on (every car I've ever had has needed one) and gonna walk back home. Really looking forward to it. Would liek to walk back to pick it up too but I'll have Leah outta school then n I don't think she'd be up for it lol

well I've just got back from dropping the car off, had a wee and making a cuppa then off out to pick leah up from school, take her to my sister's then off I go back to get the car lol. Boy will I sleep tonight!

Where can I sign up for the committing to be fit? :D

My plan is to try and have a good walk every day, even if it's just the 5 minutes to uni and back, I'm going to walk it briskly. I'm also going to try and do some pilates stuff to ease away my pudge a bit. I might start swimming in between classes too, if I feel brave enough.

Today: walk to uni, then walk to Asda afterward, which is about a 3.5 mile round trip.

I've walked to the supermarket and back with heavy bags. I've been up and down the stairs for one thing or another. Not much but it's more than I have been doing for the last couple of weeks!!

Housework, dancing about and driving hubby mad and walked to supermarket and back again today :)

oooo and instead of buying a huge bar of chocolate and scoffing that I just had a cup of hot chocolate when I got home.

Gosh you guys are doing great :)

If it's ok i would like to join in too :),Today i went into town and done some christmas shopping yes i know i am early but i like to keep organised.

Tomorrow i will be doing some housework :)

Somebody very kindly worked out my BMI for me and I nearly fainted face first onto my keyboard when she told me what it was and then I got on the scales this morning and nearly fell of them because I weigh even more than I thought I did. :(

So this now has my full attention and full commitment. I had a hip replacement a couple of years ago and carrying all the extra won't be doing that or the rest of my joints any good. Also there's the added extra of all those feel good chemicals being fired off in me old brain.

I can't get to the gym with how I feel about going out and being around other people at the moment and if I wait until I'm feeling better about that I might have put on even more weight. So, I have ordered an exercise bike from Argos this afternoon - it's the cheapest one that they had and it's great cos it folds up so it's good storage wise and it will do the job - some of them were 500 quid!! but all I need is something that I can get on and get some exercise done.

So here's to happy cycling!!!

You know what I did today?

Considering I'm incredibly lazy and walking is the most exercise I ever do, I spent an hour on the treadmill today and I enjoyed it!

Its good, I feel very energized and not tired (hence all the exclamation marks). I'd recommend it to all. Planning to use it tomorrow too! :D

hey not checked in for a couple of days, but sooo glad you guys are still going....i had a couple of lazy days, but pleased to say I am manic as hell and i have been motivated to do stuffs yayyyy

My new exercise bike arrived yesterday :) It wore me out just putting the damn thing together but I did have a 10 minute session on it. I'm going to do two 10 minute sessions per day for a week and build it up from there.

I feel so good that I am actually doing something to lose weight, get fit and improve MH :)

My new exercise bike arrived yesterday :) It wore me out just putting the damn thing together but I did have a 10 minute session on it. I'm going to do two 10 minute sessions per day for a week and build it up from there.

I feel so good that I am actually doing something to lose weight, get fit and improve MH :)

Cat that's great!!

You could put the bike in front of the TV and use when watching favourite serial, like Corrie or whatever, that would say goodbye to 30 minutes easily. (and you get rewarded by watching fave prog!) :)

Yesterday I cycled the 12miles to Therapy and back again. (This is now a weekly trip for me which is cool as can have me MP3 blasting away with Eminem) :lol:

I am now on progress losing weight again.

I'm eating a bit more and that seems to have started my metabolism again! I am now in the area of a figure i wanted to try and get down to when i first started my new med and saw weight stating to come off.

(This figure is still over weight but it feels like a bit of a milestone for me) :)

x

Yeah I can understand what you're saying Narcissa - I feel so much better after I've been on my bike.

I've now been using it for a week and in that week I can now get to the top of our stairs without my legs aching, I've lost 4lb, when I walk back from the supermarket with the shopping my breathing isn't as heavy and it does help my MH and gets me more motivated for the day after I've been on it and I'm sleeping a bit better :)

That's just in one week!!!

Tomorrow, I am upping my 2 sessions on it from 10 mins each session to 15 mins each session for the next week.

I am so pleased I bought it. :masked:

Archived