Mental Health Forums

Commit To Be Fit

piuma

Another week has passed by and I have kept to the two 15 minute sessions per day on the bike and this week I am now increasing the two sessions to 20 minutes each day.

I can really feel the difference both physically and mentally and really cannot recomment exercise enough. :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working out is my life. It's what i do to survive. I couldn't be who i am today without it. I'm a big bodybuilder and it defines me. But i'm also a borderline. I would recommend being physically fit to everyone, but be careful. It's great for both MIND and body. But with me it's like an addiction, and i struggle to stay balanced, and i don't know what i would do without it. But by all means do it. Been doing it for over 20 years, so let me know if i can help in any way.

I'm trying to do some exercise to improve my mood since it has worked in the past. I've been trying to walk whenever I can and I've also been doing 10 minutes with a hula loop for the last two days. Last time I weighed myself, I had lost 17 pounds. 4 more pounds and my BMI will be healthy again. :)

Piuma I made a post like this a while back and I want to tell you first of all though I don't know you in real life that I'm so proud of you for at least trying!

Now I wanna suggest something along with walking at least 5 days a week and that's to eat healthy. Do I mean never eat meat? Hell no this old boy ain't giving up his hamburgers and chicken for nobody! But eating healthier will dramatically help you lose weight. Salads are awesome but use very little dressing and use vinaigrettes or Italian dressing as your topper. Secondly don't waste your time with iceberg lettuce eat romaine lettuce and spinach mixed it's called Spring Mix usually. Put lots of oranges,apples,almonds or pecans,strawberries,kiwi,ect in that salad and grub out to your hearts content! Also eat lots of chicken un breaded and un fried and pile on the green beans for a side dish to go along with it. Baked Beans are good as well there called vegetarian beans so there's no pork in them and you can pile them on your plate as well. Water drink at least 8 glasses a day. 1 glass=8oz. Stop drinking soda all together! Waters your friend and if you get bottled spring water it's awesome tasting and your body will thank you. There are so many vegetables and fruits you can eat as snacks in between meals and try eating every 4 hours if you can. I know this all sounds too good to be true but if you eat your main meals everyday breakfast being the most important one and you also eat the little meals in between things like maybe a cup of yogurt and a pear then your body will get confused and keep burning you metabolism all day long and you'll lose weight quicker! Now back to eating all those yummy things were not supposed to well guess what if you eat like I have told you then you can take one day off a week to eat yummy junk food but don't eat it all day long just enjoy one piece of cake or a bag of chips on your cheat day and you'll be fine.

Also cook at home! Eat at home! I swear to you you'll lose weight better this way because restaurants make us all want to buy something more then we really were gonna buy to eat and you'll save money eating at the house!

Most importantly Piuma no matter what happens even when you stop losing weight for a while which is called "to plateau" don't give up keep walking keep cooking at home and never give up on yourself! Only you can do this for yourself and I know you can! I will support you all the way. May I also suggest giving us updates if you lose a pound tell us if you don't tell us your still walking and eating healthy. By doing this it will give us all a chance to support you more and it will also keep you reminding yourself of what to do to keep with it.

I believe in you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived