Mental Health Forums

Starting C.a.t. Again Tomorrow

lauraw2693

I'm starting a new course of cognitive analytical therapy tomorrow and think I'm starting to freak out about it.. I'm really lacking energy and motivation right now and don't feel up to starting right at the beginning with a new person all over again.. But I want to make the most of it, I don't know how to do that right now :mellow:

hi

make the most of it cos most of us dont get offers of support like this every day so fight for your recovery and fight for your life cos it doesnt come round very often

Hope the C.A.T therapy is of some help to you. Have you met the therapist already? I always hate having to tell someone new my life history / probs etc so understand why you are not feeling happy about it, esp if you are not in a good space at the moment. They might be really good though, u never know. Maybe just take one week of the therapy at a time and see how you feel each session. Good luck tomorrow

Hey thanks, no I haven't met the therapist yet.. Hopefully she will have actually read a bit of my file (the last one hadn't) so I won't have to explain everything again, fingers crossed!

Yep I am trying to keep an open mind about it and I do know I'm lucky to have this opportunity, I'm just lacking motivation right now however hard I try.. :blink:

I'm trying not to let how badly the last therapist messed up get in the way of hoping this will help but I guess it made me lose faith in them a bit, I dunno hopefully that will be restored by this new person..

Archived