Mental Health Forums

Question About Crisis Team

sadnblue

Dont feel ready to explain it all right now, but Monday I was pulled from the river by the police. Wasnt sectioned but i was put in the care of the crisis team. Had appointment with my pdoc on Tuesday anyway so went to that and given new meds (sertraline + sodium valproate) to start tuesday night. pdoc called crisis team there and then, they came and spoke with me...phoned me tuesday night and i had to go see them again today...they are coming to my house tomorrow morning...

my question is...how long will the crisis team continue 'caring' for me? I understand its only a short term thing but just curious how long for.

ty :)

It probably varies in different areas but when I have met crisis teams it has always been a very short-term option. Kind of 10-14 days maximum. Rather than it being a fixed amount of time I think it is based upon how long you need them, but with short term being the only option. I was told that if needed they would be involved with me for just a day! Now that is mega short-term!

Archived