Mental Health Forums

Missing Members

Lily-Bee

Hi all,

I see there is a lot of members "missing".

I would like to ask you guys to think about this when you decide to leave or whatever;people worry.You cant post goodbye posts thats true but you can let your friends on here know whats up or write in general youll be on less and why.

Its not a rule or obligation but just something to think about as it can save your friends here a lot of worry.

Lilly

• Like 4

I think Lilly means maybe by messaging the people who you are friends with, or post in the general forum to say if you will be gone for some time, the thing is i guess if you think you are going to be missing because you are planning something like an attempt of life, then obviously you cant state that, as mostly it isn't fair on others who then sit there and worry, and believe me people really do.

yes, it is a good plan that if you know you are going to be away for a while to post in general and let people know, or to send a PM to the people you talk to regularly.

Obviously "goodbye" posts and plans to hurt yourself can't be published for understandable reasons.

Yup you guys are understanding me correctly sorry if I wasnt clear enough.

I just see people taking time off or going on holiday or whatever and other people worry.

Lilly

I think this is a good idea cos we do all care abuot people here and worry about them so it is good to know what has happened to someone. It can be difficult sometimes when you feel you need a break and just don't come on for a bit but if someone is in contact with them they can always put a post for that person if they don't mind.

I'm going to leave a message, although it feels very arrogant to think any one would miss me! Computer very dead so I won't be around for a bit!

:hug2: hope your computer gets fixed soon. keep safe xx