Mental Health Forums

Aripiprazole Side Effects

AmyP

Took my first tablet last night, as well as my citalopram. This morning god allmighty the side effects hit me quick. As soon as i tried to stand up my eyes blacked out and i knew i was going to be ill. Tried to get back to my room from the toilet and eyes blacked out again, didnt realise i was still walking until i smacked head-on into the other bathroom door, fell back into the frame and fell and smacked my head on the sink, only then did my eyesight come back. So to me it was all noise and pain.

How long will these side effects last, the sickness and lightheadedness? Not sure it's worth being on them i cant stand feeling like this.

i too was on citalopram and also went onto aripiprazole.... i lasted 3 days... couldn't bare it... I was like you, walking into things and my head was spinning. Sometimes I wonder if I had stuck with it what would have happened as my erratic behavoiur is not helped at all by citalopram. All it does is stop me endlessly crying and helps with anxiety. Maybe you should tell your psychiatrist asap and see what they say xxx

Thanks sanc il ask them, thing is i always get the same answer, you need to give it longer. Im on the lowest dose so cant do anythin about that. Guess il have to see how long i can ride it out for xxx

• 3 months later...

aripiprazole made me uncontrolably hyperactive, ended up getting sedated in hospital for my own safety, its marketed as abilify in the uk, it defilitely abilifies, just not always in the way you want it to

:):

I always start with half of the lowest dose. because I am so med sensitive then work up from there. Otherwise I am afraid for any adverse effects. Aripiprazole helps me immediately with the deep held paranoia and dark head thoughts, eventually my two major side effects are insomnia and weight gain. So, staying on longer than a few months at a time is never is much help.

If I take a whole dose right from the start, I feel super drugged like I can't do anything, it wears off in about 24 hrs.

Archived