Mental Health Forums

Abandoned By My Councilor

marc-74

I'm seriously thing about quiting my counciling/therapy. I'm about fed up with the amount of appointments that get canceled.

I know my councilor has her own health issue, but this is happening way to often. I didn't see her last week, then yesterday,

she called to cancel mondays appointment.

like I said I know she has her own health problems, and she said she couldn't change her appointment. but this means I have to wait another whole week before I get to see her.

I really don't think I can go on with this instability. All week I think about the issues I need to discuss, then I get a call from either her a few days before our appointment,

from someone in the office the morning of the appointment.

I really dont want another councilor, as this would meean having to go over every little thing that has messed with my head all these years.

I been totally honest and open with her over the last couple of years, and she fully aware how difficult times are at the moment.

I'm just starting to think maybe my issues and needs dont matter enough. Maybe I should just move on from this, and stop complaining.

I'm not sure what to do. but I cant keep relying on these appointments, only to keep getting let down.

marc xxx  

Archived