Mental Health Forums

A Breakthrough

BimoUK

Something amazing happened to me today, and in the strangest place!

At about five o'clock this afternoon I decided that I was sick of having crap dinners and that I was going to cook myself something decent from scratch. This in itself was quite a revelation. A trip to Tesco was in order and so, despite my lack of enthusiasm, off I trundled.

I had no idea what I was going to cook so I just wandered round looking at the shelves picking up things that took my fancy and I started constructing a recipe in my mind. As I passed other people I smiled at them and they smiled at me.....I started to reconnect with the real world.

I passed a young lad and his dad looking at the video games and overheard the boy telling his dad which game he was looking for. I walked past and thought nothing of it, but then realised I knew which section he might find it in.......so I turned round and told them. I don't do that! I don't talk to strangers out of choice! But I did! Unfortunately the game wasn't there but it felt so good to be thanked for something that I didn't really have to do.

After this I went to the checkout and the young lad on the till engaged me in light hearted conversation while I packed. It felt so nice to be interacting with people for the sheer joy of it!

I have just got home, cooked myself a delicious dinner which I know was good for me and for the first time in a very long time I actually feel happy in myself.

Today was a good day!!

Well done.

Seems a really positive day for you.

Do you think you will be able to continue the cooking? :masked:

Hope you have many more days like this

bimo that is amazing progress and i'm pleased for u. cooking can be very relaxing and its a brilliant hobby to have. there are sooo many delish recipes on the internet to work your way through xxxx

I diced some turkey breast and fried it off with some red onion, then added some fajita seasoning and half a tin of chopped tomatoes and to go with it I had some ainsley harriot lime and chilli quinoa and basmati rice.

X

I diced some turkey breast and fried it off with some red onion, then added some fajita seasoning and half a tin of chopped tomatoes and to go with it I had some ainsley harriot lime and chilli quinoa and basmati rice.

X

that is one posh tea :)

xxx

this is sooo good to read!!! It's inspiring and uplifting and evidence that we CAN change we just have to make the decision and try.... so pleased for you, thanks for sharing it made me smile xxxxxx

Hi hun

Your post has made me feel up lifted, sounds like you had such a positive day, I'm really pleased for you.

Also love the sound of the dinner you cooked! :)

x

Yes,I agree Bimo...cooking can be really therapeutic sometimes.It always energizes me.U just take what is in the fridge and cook out a fantastic meal....works everytime....jst ystday evening I cooked some chinese fried rice with spring onions,capsicum,carrots & eggs and cooked some roasted chicken gravy with tomatoes and mint leaves to go with it...a lil spicy...it gave me something to fully occupy my senses(taste,sight,smell)and a sense of accomplishent after it ws made.A joy of sharing the dish with loved ones and apart from the compliments and smiles and nods of approval...just to sit back and enjoy the work of ur hands...now tell me,is there is any better therapy to beat that?

Archived