Mental Health Forums

Strengths

toaster

in my drug counselling sessions i am currently working on strengths - i am finding this more difficult than any of the other work :blink:

my worker suggested each day i find a strength to work on or recognise a strength i have used that day.

i thought my friends here could mustle in on this :D

today my strength is motivation - i have (ironically) my drug counselling in a bit and really really couldn't be arsed going, even brought the phone upstairs to call and cancel :lol: however i am now dressed and ready to leave :D

post your strength of the day people! :D:P

motivated toast :) xx

Billy Bear ham is just the best! My kids love it. I am vegetarian but Billy Bear ham is truly a food from the heavens as far as they are concerned.

My strength is perseverence. To live the whole of the day and just keep, keeping on.

my strength for today is patience :) the queue in the bank was outside the door and the cashier was NOT helpful <_< i also just wanted to run home when i was in the middle of town but i managed to ground myself and tell myself i was in the moment and it was all ok :) so patience with others and patience with myself :)

for tomorrow i am going to choose a strength to work on and that strength will be curiosity :blink: (winnie chose from the list for me <_< )

so the idea is....today i recognised a strength that i had already unconsciously used - tomorrow i will consciously work on a strength

the strengths i listed in my ARCH folder are (u can use these):

Social Relationships

Patience

Loyalty

Passionate

Health and Physical

Motivation

Willingness

Self Worth

:unsure:

Dedication

Self Belief

Being able to take a break out of physical exercise

<_<

Problem Solving

Compromise

'Letting go'

Awareness

Consequentiality

Thinking

Asking for Help

Emotions/Temperament

Passionate

Determined

Work and Skills

College

Training

Willingness to learn

Wanting to do these things

Perseverance

Values and Beliefs

Honesty

Conscientiousness

Humour

:D

After I had done all these (took me a couple of weeks

:blink: ) then my worker gave me a list of possible strengths :

Adaptable

Adventurous

Artistic

Athletic

Believes in self

Brave

Community Minded

Competitive

Contented

Cool-Headed

Cooperative

Curious

Dedicated

Dependable

Determined

Endurance

Energetic

Enthusiastic

Ethical

Even-Handed

Expressive

Fair

Trustworthy

Flexible

Forgiving

Friendly

Funny

Generous

Good Intentioned

Good Memory

Happy

Hard-Working

Healthy

Honest

Imaginative

Independent

Kind

Likeable

Logical

Loving

Loyal

Mechanical

Musical

Optimistic

Open-Minded

Organised

Warm-Hearted

Patient

Peacemaker

People-Person

Persistent

Polite

Practical

Principled

Problem-Solver

Quick-Learner

Quick-Thinker

Relaxed

Religious

Responsible

Self-Starter

Sense of Humour

Sensitive to others

Sincere

Smart

Spiritual

Spontaneous

Strong

True to Self

Trusting

Feel free to add

:)

have i done something wrong :unsure: shud i not have posted? it was just an idea, even if we dont recognise the strength in ourselves we can work on gaining them, and that wanting to work on them is a strength in itself?

:blink:

no

ur not wrong

not at all

sorry

should have deleted post

just read it all and felt overwhelmed

thats all was trying to convey

xxxxxxxxxxxx

i think if people just do what they can, its scary looking at our strengths especially if we are down on ourselves, maybe a strength for those people could be something like, today i wont be so hard on myself, its a start....and hey i even found this quite fun, getting toastie to pick one for me, and then going away and thinking about it and yups i feel like tommoz, my strength although adaptable is whats been chosen, i will also have strength as my strength....if that makes sense. :)

come on guys..........we all behind each other no? :masked:

:unsure:

:blink:

:wacko:

:confused02:

:bigeyed:

this bellend has no strengths!

we did about this in college today in our tutorial session we have to list 5 strengths - well alls i could think of was that im good at numbing my feelings - dont think this counted! <_<

everyone has strengths, even if it is just recognising that is a start.

my strength today was adaptable, and i think i carried through ok. :)

day isnt over yet bring on tomooz eh? xxx

yay everyone :D

tink u do have strengths...ur loyal for starters :)

i asked lots of questions in college, to both the tutors and other students :) may have done everyones heads in but ahhhh well i learnt lots!! :D

my strength for the day was managing to get through 6 hours of work induction and even talk to the other people there :) even with my inner fidgeting and tiredness from meds i still managed it, and got the lady to like me :)

my strength today was motivation - really couldnt be arsed doin college work but i ploughed on anyway :) xx

tomorrow i will work on stamina but than in a different way - i will gage when i need to slow down an take a break :blink:

my strength for the day, was reaching out for help, and managing to apply for two jobs afterward.

*Toast, this is the best pat yourself on the back thread I have ever come across, because it is worded in such a way that it is easy to put your finger on, rather than the usual, what I like about me, which can actually trigger all sorts of anxieties in people. Well done you for starting this.

My strength for yesterday was asking for help and reassurance which isn't something that I do but I did and it has helped.

My strength for today is going to be relaxed because I'm feeling a bit better all the thoughts are rushing through me head again about what I should be doing. My only priority for today is to make a lovely meal for me and hubby and not to be trying to do four different things at once - one thing at a time.

Archived