Mental Health Forums

Strengths

toaster

well i managed the curiosity ok, i think, today my strength was just getting on despite feelings, dont know a word for that.

who knows what tommoz is :)

persevere

intr.v., -vered, -ver·ing, -veres.

To persist in or remain constant to a purpose, idea, or task in the face of obstacles or discouragement.

[Middle English perseveren, from Old French perseverer, from Latin persevērāre, from persevērus, very serious : per-, per- + sevērus, severe.]

Found this in the dictionary for you,

:glasses02:

Sah

this is a lovely thread toastie, ty,

my strength today has been calming myself down afetr a dark night, getting safe and settled again is so not easy and things have been so gd for me recently i forgot how hard this is. everyone here is really couragous for dealing with so much

tcx

I don't know what you'd call my strength for today but it was seeing my new CPN and not cancelling it. I did see her and first impressions are good and I'm glad I didn't cancel. :)

I have no strength today, i dont even have physical strength, i cant pick my daughter up, i havent moved from this chair for most of the day except for going to the toilet, going upstairs to sit on the bed while my husband read the letter i wrote him.. but tomorrow is going to be a better day i promise myself this.. my strength for tomorrow is to get active, get out and do something!!! Im even hoping that by tonight i get even just a little bit of get up and go in me to sweep the kitchen floor then mop it as it needs done bigtime!.. My husband did come in the living room before and said that the kitchen is sparkelling so not sure if hes done the floor.. havent even got the motivation to get out the chair to look.. the promise of tomorrow is hanging in the air, i swear it will be a better day.. but for now, im getting nothing out of it and havent got it in me to try.. x x

thank u hun. well i will be testing my strength later when the hubby goes out for a few hours to get his hair cut, this is when i NEED to step up and look after my daughter and do odd bits and bobs, it may do me some good x

My strength for today was patience - being patient waiting for my exercise bike to arrive and then being patient while I put it together and not throwing the parts down and giving up on it.

It is now up and running :)

my strength for today is asking for help i talked to my gp and she is going to help me get the help i need. and i think i had another strength wich was endurance couse i've felt like just falling asleep and not waking up all day but i struggeled through it and stayed up and all:) i´m gona start using this. thankx for posting.x

Archived