Mental Health Forums

An Account Of A Dwp Medical

Data

Hi data

Sounds like that guy had a really bad advisor - the one I had was really nice, a lady called Cheryl who listened and was very helpful. That said, I was super-honest about everything and just laid it all out there for her, which some people may find difficult, but this was at the start of new therapy and I had got so used to gut-spilling that the same happened with her. I went for about 3 or 4 interviews, and then they stopped. So not all of them are evil and scary!

I have a review coming up soon, so will be interesting to see how it goes. I would be interested to know what pathways to work can provide in the way of training, so I guess I will find out soon.

EDIT: The guy who wrote the account does sound EXTREMELY distrustful and suspicious, honestly even I suffer from distrustfulness and I didnt experience half of what he is saying there. I know its horses for courses, but I think TBH that account is just likely to scare the shit out of everyone where it may not be that bad.

Ross

The guy who wrote the account does sound EXTREMELY distrustful and suspicious, honestly even I suffer from distrustfulness and I didnt experience half of what he is saying there. I know its horses for courses, but I think TBH that account is just likely to scare the shit out of everyone where it may not be that bad.

You might be right, Ross. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had any "nice" interviews/medicals.

data what on earth is your fixation with DWP medicals and DWP in general.... back off with the propaganda will you and stop putting negative posts about this on the board.... I could perfectly understand if you were going through this yourself but you are not... you are free of that bullshit and if you don't have anything positive to say about it please just don't say anything atall.

I understand your response will be 'but I have friends who are going through this'.... in which case, keep it between you. This is about the third post you have written all negative and doom and gloom and it's bordering, at face value, on being SPAM.

Get me?.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had any "nice" interviews/medicals.

Why? To balance out the grave negativity you yourself have added to the pile? seems you are trying to close the stable door after the horse has bolted. Bit ironic don't ya think.

Pot calling kettle.... who's stirring up a whole load of panic and genuine fear and concern over an already stressful enough event? I am not the one stirring dissension and worry into this pot. Forgive me if I am more than a little upset. It is afterall something I am going through which you have no direct expereince of yourself, so much to the point that you seem to be fishing for more negative stuff online.

Take out of this what you will.... my feelings on this haven't changed and marginalising me to the point of being a 'stirrer' is foolish and naive.

I guess the best approach is to go in with as much prepartory information as possible, but without pre-conceived notions. If you go in convinced the person is trying to stiff you, that is what you will see and hear. The self-fulfilling prophecy of mistrust is a very powerful one. So whilst it really is possible the other person is an evil minion of David Cameron, they may also be someone who has an empathy and understanding of what you are going through. If you walk in and are immediately defensive, there's a good chance that such an empathic person might write you off anyway on the basis of your own hostile behaviour towards them. This is as true in a DWP interview as in any part of life, so yes - be careful what you read and whose views you take on board.

If you walk in and are immediately defensive, there's a good chance that such an empathic person might write you off anyway on the basis of your own hostile behaviour towards them. This is as true in a DWP interview as in any part of life, so yes - be careful what you read and whose views you take on board.

I find this really hard. I am becoming more and more dissilusioned and bitter as time is going on. I am fast giving up hope and becoming apathetic and cynical. What you say is true I suppose, there is a danger my cynicism becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

mine was fine, and i just went as me no trying to play things up, because i have been on esa a year now, i have been asked to fill in another form, i dont think this wrong, i think its important they keep up to date and then maybe the people that abuse the system will get weaned out and the people who need it, will actually get it!!

I have come back to this (yawn) but I've been ruminating.... I can see no rhyme or reason why you think anyone would benefit from this account?? It is not to answer that question that I come back to haunt you again data (and I'm not on a vendetta - well not with you anyway, dwp another matter) but generally, if people are already talking about their struggles and you scaremonger like this striking a bolt of fear into already scared, anxious and dare I say paranoid vulnerable people, then in actuality, the damage to people's feelings can be profound, and not in the good sense. We can all ruminate on the worst possible outcomes of events like this without added fire for our overworked imaginations. Please, let us not be kicked even further down the road of despair. Maybe I read too much into things, but I get a 'felt sense' of you trying to connect to an audience with shock tactics. If so, that is indeed a very primitive, rather theatrical displaced temper tantrum. You need to pay attention to your audience a little better and break away from the crowd long enough for you to take in all the things that are going on IN YOUR OWN LIFE. where you should be trying to deal with your own pain without inflicting it on others... that should be your ultimate goal.

I am not trying to shock. I am just disgusted about the things that are happening in the country. I am scared for myself, as well as the people around me.

I am sorry if you didn't like my post, sanctuary.

Yeah Slit I agree however two years of him dominating the forum at intervals with his 'fuck you all, you all hate me, I know who my real friends are' bullshit comes at the long drawn out expense of his children and his wife, time and time again. He uses shock tactics when he is feeling 'triggered' and always rallies support around him (usually from the most vulnerable people on this site) and never really gets the advice people give him because, well, I think the truth is too painful for him.

Denial is powerful defence and him continuing to use it does not stop me from challenging him, however he sees it all as 'attack'. Unlike his therapist, this community offers a broad perspective on all our issues and he doesn't realise how lucky he is to get the support from people who may not even like him.

He needs to get the message in all of this... somewhere, there are two very sad and depressed children, and a morbidly depressed wife having to cope with him and the only reason I get involved is because of the psychological and emotional damage his lunacy has on his family.

Yeah Slit I agree however two years of him dominating the forum at intervals with his 'fuck you all, you all hate me, I know who my real friends are' bullshit comes at the long drawn out expense of his children and his wife, time and time again. He uses shock tactics when he is feeling 'triggered' and always rallies support around him (usually from the most vulnerable people on this site) and never really gets the advice people give him because, well, I think the truth is too painful for him.

Denial is powerful defence and him continuing to use it does not stop me from challenging him, however he sees it all as 'attack'. Unlike his therapist, this community offers a broad perspective on all our issues and he doesn't realise how lucky he is to get the support from people who may not even like him.

He needs to get the message in all of this... somewhere, there are two very sad and depressed children, and a morbidly depressed wife having to cope with him and the only reason I get involved is because of the psychological and emotional damage his lunacy has on his family.

Inspiring words again and it says a great deal about how much you care and think about the people here.

People do have positive experiences with dwp interviews and medicals.

I think the bad ones just stick in our mind.

I would say, prepare, dont be ashamed to say what is wrong, and take it as it comes.

I have only had one experience but its not something that can be beneficial to anyone here, as my assessment was based purely on physical health. I was only out of hospital (actually Intensive care unit) and therefore missed my dwp medical. They already knew my history of severe asthma so when I rang them up for fear of possibly losing benefit, I told them I am just out of ICU but if they can give me 2 weeks I can happily come and see them again (I needed two weeks to make a full recovery). The woman was really sympathetic with me and told me to not worry about the medical at all and wrote me off until September 2014.

I do feel for those with MH issues only going for medicals but I suppose it does hugely depend upon the person you see, some can be nice and supportive; others can be erascible. But if anyone reading this thread is going through a DWP medical themselves, then I will wish you good luck and do get in touch with those on here that have been through the medical as their advice may be crucial for you.

If you dont like a post of a member then ignore it but no one has the right to go around rubbishing people's post and calling them attention seekers!

Sanc - You say its of no benefit and you have nothing against Data but i dont see you going around other members posts like you have here.

Data's post is relevant and fully complies with the sites terms of use.

Joshua you disappoint me.

Yes this time maybe so but there have been occasions in the past you have felt differently. No one will always agree with me, wouldnt want them to either :)

The point about attention seeking is relevant I think, making posts to scare others and gain attention for himself is a mode of behaviour that should be pointed out otherwise it can't be looked at. Nobody said anything about breaking rules but when reading the rules it does say about sometimes hearing things that are hard for the good of the community and the individual. Also dominating the site isn't acceptable behaviour in my view and others as read by their reactions, mass insulting people that help you everyday isn't acceptable either in my view.

sanctuary if you are truely upset by the content of this post then dont read it. all members are as equally responsible for managing their own triggers, and the title is pretty clear what the subject is going to be.

if you geneuinely worrie for datas children then stop bullying him, if hes upset and distressed by your attacks its unlikely hes going to be in a position to adress his parenting problems.

as josh points out you clearly have a problem with him, its your denial that needs addressing. im sure there must be lots of people here who support you, and who you are supportive towards, why constantly get caught up with someone you clearly dont value and seem to only beabel to reposnd to in a hostile manor.

i really like puima post. yay puima!!!! id really like to see the people abusing and manipulating the system dealt with so those who need the support get it. id also really like to see the inadaquacies in the system adressed so that those whose needs are not met daquately enough (perhaps real support to work part time etc) get support. howevre im not convinced the new changes will do this, and the current feelinsg of fear i see in people is distressing. i have a friend who had been v worried about all this and has sadly got extreemly worse, perhaps subconciously to ensure her benefits are not taken away, and i see similar upset with people i work with. the system is also often already innadaquate due to the lack of understanding of some of the people working within it, which is allways goign to leave some people assessed wrongly, and in the currently climate they may not feel they will be heard fairly if they appeal, which may leave them at risk. if people feel assessed wrongly please allways speak up, and seak support to do so if necessary, the welfare deparment of social work are specifically trained to fill in these forms, and cab will help also if needed.

Archived