Mental Health Forums

Sleeping Angels

Peregrine

I had one good nights sleep a few nights ago. I'm a very bad sleeper. But when I woke up, seeing the sun through the window, I felt strong and something crossed my mind:

When angels are taking a break from it all they sleep the deepest and quietest of sleeps. No noise can disturb them, no icy breeze wake them. A throw of tightly woven silk enveloping their fragile bodies. So tight, nothing can penetrate this sleeping purity. Being hugged so close it makes them feel safe; their aching bones warm up, their little, lively hearts gradually slow down and rest. For all they need to do is gather strength for further flights, picking up their sooty and tattered wings again. Earth wears them out while all they try and do is the best they can.

Not, that I compare myself or any other human being with angels, but this picture did cross my mind. And all I want to do is wish all bad sleepers on this forum at least one night of angel sleep, because I know how difficult it is to rest, but I've also experienced one night of angel sleep. Stay strong, everyone, we can do this!

hey that was so nice what you have said there. have been a bad sleeper for years. very rare i get a good sleep. thankyou for your post. it was touching.

I had one good nights sleep a few nights ago. I'm a very bad sleeper. But when I woke up, seeing the sun through the window, I felt strong and something crossed my mind:

When angels are taking a break from it all they sleep the deepest and quietest of sleeps. No noise can disturb them, no icy breeze wake them. A throw of tightly woven silk enveloping their fragile bodies. So tight, nothing can penetrate this sleeping purity. Being hugged so close it makes them feel safe; their aching bones warm up, their little, lively hearts gradually slow down and rest. For all they need to do is gather strength for further flights, picking up their sooty and tattered wings again. Earth wears them out while all they try and do is the best they can.

Not, that I compare myself or any other human being with angels, but this picture did cross my mind. And all I want to do is wish all bad sleepers on this forum at least one night of angel sleep, because I know how difficult it is to rest, but I've also experienced one night of angel sleep. Stay strong, everyone, we can do this!

just wanted to say, that its so lovely to read this :bigarmhug[1]: and may you keep strong and have hope that there is more angel sleep coming your way xx

Archived