Mental Health Forums

A Wonderful Day Out

jillv

For the last few weeks I have been really struggling with depression again.

My friend, who I was very worried about, was admitted to a pyschiatric hospital, and sectioned after being there for two weeks. He has been putting a lot of pressure on me to visit, and take him banned things. I have been visiting every spare moment I have.

My daughter was badly assaulted by her bastard of a boyfriend. She had head injuries and had to have a brain scan. She was covered in bruises where he had visciously kicked her.I have been trying to spend time with her, to fill up her empty hours in the hopes that she won't have him back.

I have been trying to help my grandaughter with her Ancient Egyptian project because my daughter didn't really feel up to it. And trying to give her a bit of stability to take her mind off of her mum's problems.

Started working at a new service a few weeks ago, and am under a lot of pressure not to fuck this up, by behaving irresponsibly or exploding at people.

Group therapy had been very hard for me for a couple of weeks. For the first time since I started it in January I have really begun to open up and talk about various difficult issues.

Anyway, all these have been getting on top of me and I never have anytime for myself. This week I have taken a couple of days annual leave. Today my daughter, grandaughter and I went to London for the day. It was my suggestion, even though I hate public transport, crowds and noise. When they arrived at my house we realised we were wearing almost identical clothes. Both of us had purple woolen jumper dresses, black leggings and black boots!

We had a really lovely, but tiring day. We went to Charing Cross on the train. A real treat for my grandaughter. Then we walked to the British Museum. We went primarily to see the Ancient Egyptian artefacts for littluns project. We bought books and pictures to help her and decorate her work. My daughter and I both have problems with following maps and we got hopelessly confused in the museum, walking round in circles, and falling about laughing. Then we had lunch in a pub, where she had a bit of a BPD moment, with a foreign tourist and a chair! Littlun was mortified by this encounter and we talked about ways she could have handled the situation differently (My group therapy seems to be paying dividends!)

Then we went to Covent Garden and watched some amazing acts. We had coffee and littlun ate the hugest piece of chocolate fudge cake I have ever seen.

We had so many laughs. It was wonderful. The high light for my grandaughter was seeing the X Factor group Belle Amie. She got a hug from Geneva!

We arrived back at my daughters about 7, starving, tired, but really happy.

oooo i missed this thread...

so glad that in amongst all the bad stuff you have had flung at you recently that you managed to "take the bull by the horns" and go out and do something that you wanted to do but would usually be outside your regular comfort zone... that proves how far you have come and i for one am proud of you hunni... :)

it also shows that being brave can pay off, there are loads of things i wanna do, places i wanna go to, but feel a lil scared to do them even with the knowledge that i would probably have fun if i tried, and the chances of what i am scared of happening is slim... i am gonna take some inspiration and strength from your post and try and see if i can be brave too...

i love reading these positive posts... reinforces something i want to believe in, insofar as bravery WILL be rewarded...

much love to you dear Kalico...

xxx

((((Kalico))))

It sounds like the 3 of you had a wonderful day together, I loved reading about it and am so glad you had a great time :)

Thank you, reading this has made me smile and feeling up lifted

I also fancy some of that chocolate fudge cake!! :)

x x

Kalico you are super strong. All the stuff that you've been through I'm so glad that you had a lovely day. I'm so glad that all three of you will have those happy happy memories.

xxx

Thank you so much Chitma, Pink and Bumble.

I have never thought of myself as strong or brave, but people often say it. Perhaps I should try to believe it and then maybe I could achieve more. It was lovely to come home from work and find your posts.xxx

Archived