Mental Health Forums

Friendship

Roses

As title says, this is the Wikipeadia break down for the definition of the word "friendship"

• The tendency to desire what is best for the other
  • Sympathy and empathy
  • Honesty, perhaps in situations where it may be difficult for others to speak the truth, especially in terms of pointing out the perceived faults of one's counterpart
  • Mutual understanding and compassion
  • Trust in one another (able to express feelings - including in relation to the other's actions - without the fear of being judged); able to go to each other for emotional support
  • Positive reciprocity - a relationship is based on equal give and take between the two parties.

I draw particular attention to the 3rd point. To all my friends in real and on here; I will always be truthful with you no matter how hard it is because I believe in you and I can see who you are. Peace and love, Rose x

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes Miss Roses you are a little too honest about my accent!!!!! One day I hope to wake up with some cockney accent and flabbergast you all!

But yeah in all parts, you certainly trumph the friend card Roses, proud to have you in my life.

oh and I have been meaning to tell you that your accent is 2nd on my "most sexy UK accent list" beaten only by Tee-side accent. Gotta love those smoggies! So even though I struggle at times I am always listening and thinking you sound great! x

ive just positived all the posts...

what a nice, positive, lovey dovey thread about a pack of weirdos that find solace in each other through bonds of friendship, and mutual respect of one's dialect and most of all....talking of complete bullshit.

CATSMOTHER!!!!

Most awesome coffee maker in history.....friendship braclet to you too!!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Awww thank you - can I have a purple bracelet please? xxxx :wub:

Sounds like a plan Dani. I'll bring cake and Gun will bring scones. See you all at Cat's place! xxx

Yay - cake party at mine!! I'd love that - thank you Dani and Gun for being lovely friends as well. xxxx :masked:

I agree with the definition of friendship that Roses has quoted, I always try to strive for these qualities myself.

I think the support of friends is important to recovery from mental health and I hope we can all be as friendly as possible with each other.

Archived