Mental Health Forums

Spell Check

Slit

im yet to read a thread thats so badly spelled

i can't read it.when posting in my opinnion it doesnt have to be perfect.if im in crisis

the last thing i care about is whether im spelling something right.

im yet to read a thread thats so badly spelled

i can't read it.when posting in my opinnion it doesnt have to be perfect.if im in crisis

the last thing i care about is whether im spelling something right.

I'm yet to read a thread that is so badly spelt I can't read it. When posting in my opinion it doesn't have to be perfect. If I'm in crisis the last thing I care about is whether I'm spelling something right.

Better?

That is the thing with spell checker, it highlights it for you. You will be better understood and when the goverment does force us to work you will be better equipped. Or ekwipped!

i dont give a shit whether my spelling is bad.in work i concentrate and

try...on here i just type freely.

what do you mean about the goverment frocing us to work?u assume i dont work?

i have a very good job...you shouldnt make assumptions.

i dont give a shit whether my spelling is bad.in work i concentrate and

try...on here i just type freely.

what do you mean about the goverment frocing us to work?u assume i dont work?

i have a very good job...you shouldnt make assumptions.

I was speaking gernerally about the social welfare reform, I don't know you and didn't make this thread just for you. It was just a suggestion, take it or leave it.

Live and let live. In truth, the post is written in a perfectly readable way - you just find it annoying when people's grammar and spelling isn't up to the standard you require of yourself.

I agree with Dani - I have never seen a post here that I cannot understand. Well actually it happened once, but the person was in the middle of a psychotic break.

If you have high standards yourself, by all means stick to them.

Ross

To be honest the thing I find hardest to read is when there is a LONG post that is not broken up into paragraphs. I understand and respect that people might be in a crisis or they might not have learned about paragraphs at school or whatever so this is not a critifcism of them. Its just I find it harder to read thats all.

Yes I agree, spelling is the least of any of our concerns when we are in crisis or otherwise struggling. I'm afraid you have got my back up now Slit. I hope that you realise that by saying we would be "better equipped" for social reform is patronising and arrogant. As Dani said, how do you know people can't spell? How do you know anything about anyone on here? I would think you should be apologising around about now.

Which apology thread are you referring to?

Not very supporting to correct people's spelling slit. Some people have dyslexia and struggle with spelling. I think as long as people can understand the just of what ppl are saying. does it really matter?

There is a public apology which I can only get the jist of due to spelling on the boards right now.

Not to be oppositional, but I can read it just fine. As Roses pointed out a while back, people can read words even when the letters are all jumbled up, with just the first and last letters in place. Maybe she will give us an example as its quite an eye opener.

I know its frustrating to have to deal with things that aren't quite up to what you want, but grammar and spelling are just one of those things that on the internet, you have to live with. Otherwise you end up earning the Ancient Usenet Welcome of "Hail Grammar Nazi" ...

omg!!!!!

has it seriously come to this, that in a middle of a crisis you have to stop and think if you spelling and grammar are correct???!!! rolleyes.gif

If you use spell check then dyslexia will be improved. My point is I can't understand due to spelling. Of course I can see who can spell and who can't. There is only one public apology thread on the boards right now. If you wish to be understood to your potential then I suggest you use a spell checker.

There is a public apology which I can only get the jist of due to spelling on the boards right now.

Not to be oppositional, but I can read it just fine. As Roses pointed out a while back, people can read words even when the letters are all jumbled up, with just the first and last letters in place. Maybe she will give us an example as its quite an eye opener.

I know its frustrating to have to deal with things that aren't quite up to what you want, but grammar and spelling are just one of those things that on the internet, you have to live with. Otherwise you end up earning the Ancient Usenet Welcome of "Hail Grammar Nazi" ...

Have you heard that every internet argument is 6 degrees of separation from someone being called/compared to a Nazi? Lol

omg!!!!!

has it seriously come to this, that in a middle of a crisis you have to stop and think if you spelling and grammar are correct???!!! rolleyes.gif

No this isn't what I meant at all. It was a suggestion which people have taken very very badly.

OK, so if there is a thread you can't understand perhaps you could be "nice" about it and ask the person to explain what they mean to you. I have been on this site 2 years now and this is the first thread I have ever seen commenting on how people should check their spelling! It is rude and uncalled for. If you can' read it then ask what they mean or just don't reply.

The thing Hmmm_Mabbee was talking about was an email I had a while back which I posted on here as it was interesting. Basically as long as the first and last letters of a word are correct the ones in the middle can be in any order and you can read it. x

Have you heard that every internet argument is 6 degrees of separation from someone being called/compared to a Nazi? Lol

Lol yes indeed. Usenet was particularly good at noticing things like that for some reason :)

The other one I like is "Anonymity + Normal Person + Audience = Dick". There's a video game website I know of where this seems to apply more than anywhere...

Ross

Lol yes indeed. Usenet was particularly good at noticing things like that for some reason :)

The other one I like is "Anonymity + Normal Person + Audience = Dick". There's a video game website I know of where this seems to apply more than anywhere...

Ross

Lol

Archived