Mental Health Forums

Stomach Pains With Mirtazapine?

hummm_mabbe

Hullo

I am taking 30mg mirtazapine because it helps with my sleep. Cant say as its made much difference to other things, but it does make falling asleep much easier.

The problem is lately I seem to get what feels like indigestion a lot more often. I take it at night, and last night I kept waking up with really quite painful stomach pains. I hadnt eaten anything out of the oridnary. Also, in general more foods seem to now give me indigestion than they ever did before.

Has anyone else had problems with stomach pains and mirtazapine? I read its a possible side effect, but I dunno.

Ross

I few months a go I was put on the same dosage as you. I have been constantly eating indigestion tablets ever since. I kind of ignored it as I assumed that it was linked to my anxiety - shallow gulpy breathing. I didnt know it was a side affect of the drug, I know I wake at night to eat another indigestion tablet.

Hi bibiddi

Sorry your tummy is hurting too :( Yeah some sites online seem to suggest its a known side effect. Agomelatine is meant to do the same. Thats exactly what its like - I keep feeling like I have got really bad indigestion. Certain foods seem to trigger it worse than others, that never did in the past.

Will have to have a think about stopping them or trying going down to 15mg

Ross

Ross,

I'm not on the same drug, but i was on Zoloft (Sertraline) and like you, every time i took it i got an intense stomach pain. Was also getting more indegestion with foods etc.

Went to the GP about it who changed me to Lexapro very quickly because the medication was damaging my stomach. I'm now having to take PPI's and am on the waiting list for an endoscopy to see the extent of the damage from the zoloft.

I think it would be a good idea to stop taking them and seek medical advice because it sounds like your stomach is not tolerating the meds and is doing you some damage. You don't want to end up with an ulcer or worse.

Anyway, hope it gets sorted and you're doing ok

E

Hey Ross, hope your belly is feeling a bit better when you read this. I'm on 45mg of the same gear, At I get real bac acid heartburn at night, all I can say is ask your dr. for a prescription for some Gaviscon (the liquid not the tablets as they aint worth shit)

It wil help having a little glug of that at bedtime.

your dr. should sort you out as this stuff is a bit pricey if you need to pay for it

hope you doing well mate, take care.

marc x

Hi there

I dropped down to 15mg last night and didnt get any stomach pains this time, so will stick at that for a bit and see what its like.

Ta for suggestions and things :)

Ross

Ross,

I have been thinking a lot about this thread. I think it has highlighted something for me.

I am too accepting of things that aren't right. I have known I do it, but in a hindsight kind of way, by replying to your post I saw it in action.I will be speaking with my CPN about the indigestion and meds next week.

You are helping me tackle things that could be better, rather than accept them. Thank you.

btw I am glad you arent so hurty today.

I was on 30mg, plus other meds, and i'm now down to 15mg, but i nevere noticed any stomach pains with any of my meds, and i've been through a lot of them.lol

Ross,

I have been thinking a lot about this thread. I think it has highlighted something for me.

I am too accepting of things that aren't right. I have known I do it, but in a hindsight kind of way, by replying to your post I saw it in action.I will be speaking with my CPN about the indigestion and meds next week.

You are helping me tackle things that could be better, rather than accept them. Thank you.

btw I am glad you arent so hurty today.

Thats good bibiddi

Yeah it seems going down to 15mg has kept the pains down, so hopefully you can get rid of them too :)

I was on 30mg, plus other meds, and i'm now down to 15mg, but i nevere noticed any stomach pains with any of my meds, and i've been through a lot of them.lol

Ah thats good, they arent very nice to say the least.

Archived