Mental Health Forums

Mirtazapin

Flick

Mirtazapin/Zispin

i've been on these for over 12 months now! but i have them daily as they are an antidepressant as well as a sedative

they worked for me for the first 10 months but due to change in circumstances havent been doing much good lately! i had them increased to the max dose a fortnight ago! and though my depression is no better, i am sleeping! they knock me out!!!

though they help you sleep pattern straight away, it may take a few weeeks for you to feel the full effect of them!

really hope they help you hun

take care

Traceyxxx

yeah them ones. I havent took them as yet. they are 15mgs. Hope they work. Maybe things will calm down if i sleep

Thanks hun xxx

are they meant tobe really sleepy, these? as i took one last night and have not felt right all day, just worn out tired

• 1 month later...

Hey

I've been on avanza (mirtazapin) for about 12 months. At lower doses they helped me sleep but with the high doses I have noticed I get the opposite effect, no sleep.

I take 60mg for my depression and it helps me function but it's not that great but after a change 3 months ago I realised it works well enough.

Hope they are helping

Hugs

Em

• 2 weeks later...

I'll let you guys into a little secret when it comes to mirtazapine...my therapist told me this just three months ago.

The LOWER the dose, the more tired you will feel...mainly because the medication actually has some adrenalin in it. I laughed when my doctor told me this, but it's very true!

I've been on mirtazapine for 12 months now and it still knocks me out!

Don't fight it, take the meds and relax xxx

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, antidepressant, i was on those for a bit, they helped me sleep for a bit, but i soon got used to them and they didnt help with the sleep anymore

was put on a higher that maximum dose and they didnt do anything for me, but different drugs work for different ppl

• 4 weeks later...

I take it. I dealt with insomnia for over a year. Ambien doesnt work for me at all. trazadone does sometimes but, the remeron (mitzaprine) works great. I like it because they disolve in your mouth so I leave them in my bedside table.

• 3 months later...

I was on that for 2 1/2 years, only recently come off it.

It was the first thing I took that helped my depression, and it really helped with the sleep, it's been weird adjusting to not taking it!

Iwas on it for 3 years, but it never helped with sleep at all,and it stopped working altogether a bout 6 months ago, ive stopped taking it now, as i dont think wild mood swings really means depression, well not for me, ive been depressed and this is differant, having said that these things work differently for different ppl. i hope it works ok for you

txxx

t

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I ahve been on these 15 and now 30mg since around the beginning on November 2005. Have they helped me. Though they helped me sleep for a first time and helped with me headaches and jumble in my head, they might have helped, but I was still down because of other issues I could not resolve. I was down and defeated and spiralling downwards.

BPD has changed that for me. But the meds did help and MIGHT have kicked in at the right time, maybe.

Archived