Mental Health Forums

Absolutely Over The Moon!

mjk

:masked: Bloody hell, just for this moment, I can't stop smiling! As some of you may know, I was sectioned last month and was in hospital for 4 weeks. Well, this morning, a form arrived in the post from the hospital. Was a MED 10. Think it's if I need it for work or for benefits. I am in receipt of DLA, so I decided to phone them up to see if they needed it, and also to see if my DLA had been stopped cos I was in hospital for 4 weeks. The guy I spoke to is gonna check the DLA and get it reinstated if it has been suspended.

That's not what's making me grin like a cheshire cat. It's just that it reminded my hubby that we pay into a health care cash plan and that we can actually claim for me being in hospital. We'd completely forgotten. He phoned them up just now and it turns out we are entitled to claim the grand sum of £1,200. I am so, so happy about it because it's Christmas coming up and we've been really tight for money. Not sure what we're going to do with it all yet. It's a huge sum to us. We're gonna try put some away for my daughter going to uni next year, and maybe try and replace our oven/hob as they're knackered. Then, of course, make sure the kids are spoilt a little cos they've gone through so much with me being poorly. Maybe I need to get myself sectioned more often? :ashamed0005: :masked:

Im glad something good has come of it, I hope its not only financial benefit though

Really pleased for you though, we are in a financial fuck up at the moment so understand how wonderful the feeling is.

Take good care of you, and remember to treat yourself too

With love xxx

Archived