Mental Health Forums

College And Mh Worker

toaster

college is goin good :) i have made friends and its a really good group we have - theyre all friendly and we all support each other :) i have just applied to perhaps to do some volunteer work with the youth justice service after a talk we had today in college :)

also, i meet my key worker on monday, from the cmht...it hasnt been that long waiting, considering and i am pleased :) i am ready to accept services properly now so i know it will help and i feel relived in a way that im getting help - each manic episode im getting is more manic than the last, just escalating - i have learnt how to manage my depressive symptoms and as much as i like aspects of the mania i struggle with some, the racing thoughts, the bizarre insights, one after the other, overlapping, the not sleeping...hopefully will get referred to a pdoc for meds at some pint...

so ye is goin good me thinks, despite the struggles i still have :)

toast :) xx

(((Toastie))) you are doing so well. My husband is bipolar and he says that the highs are amazing at the time but the lack of sleep and everything else that you've talked about is terrible for him but he hasn't had an episode (ie hospitalised for months on end) for ten years since he has been on his meds. He still gets lots of fluctuations in mood but it is more manageable. I hope this happens for you too.

I'm glad you've reached the point that you feel able to accept help and to work with it. :)

Big huggles xxxx

toaster glad that everything is going ok for you and that your batterling your struggles... by the way love the picture. im into the audio books at the moment because me and reading dotn get along and im on the half blood prince!

thanx both :)

yes the mania is fucking fantastic - it helps me no end with my bpd, as in it gives me insight - it just gets overwhelming at times. i am more inclined to do mad stuff when manic as well :blink:

dibsy i have the audios as well!! i started listening to them after i struggled to read also and they helped me no end. i still listen to them every night even though i know them inside out lol - yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D xx

Archived