Mental Health Forums

Want To Cry

lonelyheartemma

I want to cry, i dont know why exactly but I was thinking about why and there are some reasons it could be. I know i dont need a reason but it's like if I can think of a reason i still feel depressed but i dont feel guilty too

reasons

1. I'm really tired, i was up til 5 coz my tummy hurt so bad

2. I'm in pain

3. Period

4. my mum's away, I know i always moan about her but i miss her when she's gone!

5. life - still not totally amazing even tho I have found this site and i feel like I've got friends

6. hairdressing tomorrow- I'm so dreading seeing that teacher again and I know I'll have problems and I'm scared I'll start self-harming with the scissors.

7. the way I'm not excited about hairdressing because of what happened last week

8. talking about stuff in the daisy forum. I'm glad I did but its kind of brought it back a bit

9. maybe i miss my computer too, its got lots of pics on it and i dont have to delete my history all the time

10. I'm a miserable bitch!

((((emma))))

i suffer from bad periods too and i know that they really mess my hormones up. they make everything thatys going on so much harder to deal with.

take care and try and to be kind to yourself xxx

I cry all the time for no reason too!

Take it easy tomorrow, and if you don't understand something the teacher says ask her to explain it again. Tell her you find it difficult to remember several instructions at once.

My hormones always played havoc with me too. And I always find change very difficult to cope with.

Look after yourself, and be careful with the scissors! xx

(((((hugs)))))

I know this is hard... I also need cry sometimes for no reasons sometimes for this terrible symptoms which I can't carry this anymore.

I think you are clever to made the list of what you don't like/why your feeling is bad...

Sometimes I can't find clear reasons to be sad or depressed or anxiety. But, knowing about yourself, Knowing about your voice from your heart is first step to find the hint to be better I think.

You are doing amazing.

If its possible how about write down what should you do to clear this each problem next to the each sentence in the list.

you may find out something hint to makes you feel better.

ex. I don't wanna meet my friend → Do I really have to meet her/him? I don't need coz the appointment is not so important.

Hope Your feeling will be better.

Please take care of yourself to make you feel good as much as you can.

Maki xxx

thank you aww I want to cry again now coz you're all so nice! but in a good way

"hugs everyone*

I'm glad (well kind of) its not just me that has period problems, I thought that was only like the first few years when it made you hormonal during your period, I thought when your grown up its just PMS

I asked the teacher to explain last time and she got so cross so I think i'll be too scared to ask her again. but I thought maybe if i find some good instructions online I can write them out and take them with me, the printer doesnt work with the laptop so i can't print anything. I have cut hair before tho so i kind of know how to do it but I need to do it like close to professional standard

I like that idea Maki, I'll do some now

important to change it, being tired doesn't help and sleep is important for health

I went to bed a bit earlier and took my anti-depressants early to to help me get to sleep

2. I'm in pain

important to change as much as possible but accept the whole pain wont go

painkillers and hot water bottle help tho

3. Period

impossible to change it, there's no way of making it go away but all women get them

painkillers and hot water bottle, I dont think i can do anything else realy

4. my mum's away, I know i always moan about her but i miss her when she's gone!

impossible to change it, I cant make her come home and I'm old enough to live on my own and my dad's still here in the evening

make sure i get to talk to her when she phones and if she phones but don't get upset if she phones when I'm at my class and then switches her phone off, she doesn't know i miss her coz i always say I'm fine

"hugs everyone*

I'm glad (well kind of) its not just me that has period problems, I thought that was only like the first few years when it made you hormonal during your period, I thought when your grown up its just PMS

I asked the teacher to explain last time and she got so cross so I think i'll be too scared to ask her again. but I thought maybe if i find some good instructions online I can write them out and take them with me, the printer doesnt work with the laptop so i can't print anything. I have cut hair before tho so i kind of know how to do it but I need to do it like close to professional standard

important to change it, being tired doesn't help and sleep is important for health

I went to bed a bit earlier and took my anti-depressants early to to help me get to sleep

2. I'm in pain

3. Period

impossible to change it, there's no way of making it go away but all women get them

impossible to change it, I cant make her come home and I'm old enough to live on my own and my dad's still here in the evening

make sure i get to talk to her when she phones and if she phones but don't get upset if she phones when I'm at my class and then switches her phone off, she doesn't know i miss her coz i always say I'm fine

I really hope this helps you to make you feel better even if it a little bit or short time.

and please don't forget you are really doing amazing and a strong person.

really Proud of you and respect you from my heart.

Please take care.

Maki with Love xxx

thsnk you Maki. I dont know why you're proud of me or why you said any of those lovely things but it was nice to read them xx

It did make me feel better for a short time. I went to class feeling really confident. I enjoyed class. then it all went wrong again.

thsnk you Maki. I dont know why you're proud of me or why you said any of those lovely things but it was nice to read them xx

It did make me feel better for a short time. I went to class feeling really confident. I enjoyed class. then it all went wrong again.

Hello:) you don't know why I am proud of you?

The reason is easy for me. because you are trying to do effort to overcome your hard situations.

Some people even don't try to see whats the problem in their life. But, you are a making a list for your feeling and you are also trying to maki it better:)

Thats why I said "I proud of you"

If This could make you feel better even a little bit or short time I am so pleased.

Take care hun

Maki xxx

"hugs everyone*

2. I'm in pain

3. Period

This is a really excellent example of what is known in DBT as "chain analysis" it's looking at what is making you vulnerable then going back and seeing what else you can do about it! Very well done.

With your period... I get bad ones too. I've tried evening primrose oil which does help. Also you can talk to your GP about methods of birth control that actually stop your period entirely. These can include the three montly injection or even an IUD.

I'm a dog groomer and I also have to work with scissors. It's very hard as a self harmer especially when you feel stressed. What I do is focus on the task I'm doing, grooming a dog. I keep my mind on that one thing and let any other thoughts float out of my head like a leaf on a stream. So if I get an urge to cut with the scissors, I put that thought in the imaginary leaf and let it float out of sight. Then I set my mind back on the one task, grooming.

Hope that helps.

WP

Thank you WP, I've never heard of chain analysis but maybe i should try it again

Isn't birth control for people who are having sex? I am seeing the doctor on monday so maybe we can talk about it then

that's really interesting about the scissors, thank you. I didnt think of self-harming the whole time, some of the others cut themselves by accident but i didnt, I was just focused on the hair like you said xx

thank you for explaining maki, sorry but I'm not used to people saying stuff like that to me. I really really love that you did tho xx

Isn't birth control for people who are having sex? I am seeing the doctor on monday so maybe we can talk about it then

Kinda just jumping in. You don't need to be having sex to be put on birth control. I've been on the pill since I was 15 because I suffered from the most awful migraines. I would consider talking to your doctor about your period pains and they should be able to find the right thing to help you. I hope you are feeling better. xxx

thank you Spends and feel free to jump in anytime :)

Maybe I'll ask tomorow, i think there was some reason why they gave me painkillers instead of the pill but maybe its different now

It doesn't hurt to ask. :)

Since being on the pill, I don't suffer from my periods. I get a bit tearful and put on around 4 pounds the week before, but that it all. :)

Hey Emma,

I used to have awful periods too, and unfortunately its something that runs in my family. My little sister who's 16 used to have to take days off when she had her because she would be sick with the pain and her back would ache. She's not on microgynon contraceptive pill which regulates her periods and has eased the pain so much for her. I was 15 when I went on Logynon which is a combined pill.Logynon tablets contain two active ingredients, ethinylestradiol and levonorgestrel. These are synthetic versions of the naturally occurring female sex hormones, oestrogen and progesterone. There are people who obviously use it for a contraceptive but more people nowadays are using the pill to control difficult periods. I found that Logynon worked great for me back then, but I went off it for a period to give my body a rest as my periods had calmed down a fair bit. I recently went back onto the pill for both contraceptive and period reasons and currently take Cerazette which I do not recommend. It only contains progesterone which tends to make women much more volatile with their mood swings etc, and can actually increase depression. I'd recommend talking to your doctor about perhaps going onto the combined pill, honestly you will never regret it. It was the best decision me and my sister ever made!!

Good luck xxxx

Thank you Lyndsey, thats great it worked for you and your sister, maybe it will work for me too. I used to take days off school too. I didnt mind so much then because i hated school but I do feel sad when ive got something planned and then I cant do it

Will you be able to change the medication you're on now?

Archived