Mental Health Forums

Female Psychiatrists In Devon

lauraw2693

Hi this is just a general question - does anyone know of any female NHS psychiatrists in Devon (Torbay, Plymouth, Barnstaple, anywhere..)?

I've been to see my GP today about this and she couldn't think of one which I find quite surprising, I'm sure there must be at least one in the whole of Devon..

Any help with this would really be appreciated as I'm getting fed up of the "professionals" being pretty useless right now <_<

I've tried PALs and everything, obviously they can't give out names, I'm not really asking for names just if anyone knows if there is one in a particular area would be great, thanks a lot xx

Hi this is just a general question - does anyone know of any female NHS psychiatrists in Devon (Torbay, Plymouth, Barnstaple, anywhere..)?

I've been to see my GP today about this and she couldn't think of one which I find quite surprising, I'm sure there must be at least one in the whole of Devon..

Any help with this would really be appreciated as I'm getting fed up of the "professionals" being pretty useless right now <_<

I've tried PALs and everything, obviously they can't give out names, I'm not really asking for names just if anyone knows if there is one in a particular area would be great, thanks a lot xx

Hi hun, is it a psychiatrist, psychotherapist or psychologist you're after? I'm under the NHS in Plymouth, and I have a female psychiatrist (I've yet to meet), plus I know of a female psychologist. Not sure about psychotherapist. Think to access their support you would have to live in their 'area'. xxxx

Hey it's a psychiatrist I'm looking for. Apparently you can see a consultant anywhere in the country if they can justify it & get funding, she said if they could do that it would just be whether I'm willing to travel which I am, and Plymouth is only an hour from me.. Thanks, do you know her name yet? (Maybe pm if you don't want to write it on here?) That would be really handy, I'd have something to go back to my GP with next week if she's still being awkward :)

Hey it's a psychiatrist I'm looking for. Apparently you can see a consultant anywhere in the country if they can justify it & get funding, she said if they could do that it would just be whether I'm willing to travel which I am, and Plymouth is only an hour from me.. Thanks, do you know her name yet? (Maybe pm if you don't want to write it on here?) That would be really handy, I'd have something to go back to my GP with next week if she's still being awkward :)

I do know her name hun, but I'm not sure if she's any good or not cos not been able to see her and make my own mind up. Have heard good and bad. xxxx

Archived