Mental Health Forums

Therapeutic Communities

Truelove89

I can't cope on medication alone, they won't give me therapy because I'm 'not in the right place', my relationship is going down hill coz of my anger, dissociation, and other bullshit. My physical health problems are merely aggravating it, and I'm a second year university student and part time play worker as well.

I need a solution sooner rather than later, but it seems the only sensible/appropriate option for me is an NHS therapeutic community (recommended by my university mental health link worker, but my new psych who only met me once so far said it not such a good idea). The problem with this is that I would have to take a year out of university, and possibly quit my job. I have half of a mortgage to pay, and don't know that if I applied for DLA that this would cover it. I can't rely on my husbands student loan because he does a graduate degree, meaning he only gets a grant and not very much at that.

There is an alternative therapeutic community that allows for me to be a 'day' resident, or only do it for 3 months, but they charge £2100 a week which I don't have.

DBT isn't offered in my area on the NHS, and therapists again are expensive and I can't afford them, and the therapeutic community looks like just what I need.

I hate financial conundrums :unsure:

Archived