Mental Health Forums

A Happy Memory

catsmother21

A few years ago, I was in and out of hospital with my MH problems and each time I went in, I was lucky enough to have the same nurse assigned to me each time. She was called Kris and she was worth her weight in gold.

She was incredibly understanding and she got to know me very well and knew what would help me and what wouldn't. Usually I'd be admitted in a right state and wouldn't have coloured my hair for ages and have grey roots and she used to colour my hair for me on the ward when she had some free time - she was wonderful.

The reason why I've remembered this is because I was just going through my purse looking for something and I found a card that she gave me when I was discharged from the ward once, it's one of those little credit card ones and this is what it says on it:

Six Ways to keep Smiling!

Hold onto your dreams and never let go.

Show the world how wonderful you are!

Look on the bright side and don't let adversity keep you from winning.

Be yourself, because you are filled with many special qualities.

Keep your spirits up.

Make your heart happy, and let it reflect on everything you do!

And then on the back she wrote, 'Don't give up!'.

Thats lovely there was someone special who truly cared and you werent just another patient, I like that note too, lovely positive words, makes me feel quite bright suddenly! :) x

Thank you so much for posting, this has really made me smile.

Kris and what she did for you helps put my faith back into people. I'm so glad you were fortunate enough to meet her.

I think her giving you that card is lovely x

Big hugs x

Archived