Mental Health Forums

Worked Through The Night To Paint Bob Dylan

marc-74

I've been working my arse off painting over the last couple of weeks. It does get very frustrating now and then, but went its all going well,and I like the finished piece it does make me feel like I'm worth something, and that I'm not a complete right off, anyhoooo  heres my lastest piece, Bob Dylan (acrylic on canvas) I was up till after 7am this morning finishing it, I was so worn out by the time I went to bed, but I knew I had to finish it in one big session or I would have lost the vibe and it not have turned out how I planed. 

http://www.mentalhealth-world.org.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_12_2010/post-16062-0-42463700-1292939921.jpg 

As always I like your paintings, you have a real talent. Below is the photo of Dylan. But when you paint you don't just copy, you give the art a life of its own.

Bob+Dylan+tip.jpg

How do you choose the subjects of your paintings? Are they people you admire?

thanks, Yeah I paint people I have respect for.

That photo you added is similar, its from the same photo session there are three or four very similar,  but this is the one that I worked from.

ur so talented marc, u really are. and i am glad your art makes u feel like u r worth something *hugs* :)

I agree with Toaster, I am glad you have your art, you are not a write off.

sw x

its absolutely stunning hun and having seen it close up (the lucky girl here) the detail and use of highlighting colors to contrast blew my mind and u dont need art to prove ur worth something just have a look in mine and marley eyes when u walk in :inlove3::wub: :wub: :wub:

Thank you sooooo much everyone, The painting sold.  This is the quickest I've ever sold a piece. I took it to the bar, and asked Bobby the boss if I could hang it , and I didn't even have it fully out of the bag and he was shouting across the bar that he wanted to buy it. So jobs a goodun, he put the full amount in my hand,no haggling.

marc xxx 

Thanks everyone, the boss in the bar (Filthy Macnastys) really wants to help me as much as he can, I been offered to take part in a silent auction , and I can put up pieces as often as as want. I'm aloud to flyer the bar and put up posters.  Just gotta try keep the head straight , and not try and take on to much.

marc xxx

you have a beautiful gift marc - your talent shows through in how you changed the photo into a picture. the colours and the detail is exquisite. congrats on your sale. i have no doubt you could make a very good living through this talent xx

Archived